Greetings from Iraq

Airborne82

Jun 12, 2010
Hey everyone, My name is chris and I'm pretty new to this card modeling thing, but its fun so far and it kills a tremendous amount of time out here. I've scavenged the internet for all the free kits I can since I'm too cheap to pay for them so far, but since I build with printer paper and super glue, there's no sense wasting a good kit on bad supplies. Anyhow, I've decided that my contribution to the community is going to be an AC-130H/U Spectre/Spooky. I'm still new at this, but I'll try to make it as legit as possible, building off the HH-130 kit from paper-replika.com. When I get good at this, I"ll try to build a UH-60L helicopter since I'm a blackhawk mechanic I have all the materials I'll ever need, just not the knowhow. Anyway, thanks for letting me into your community and sharing your models with people. Great work.

-Jim G

Oct 15, 2005
St. Paul, MN
www.enneagram-spirituality.com
Welcome Chris!

Welcome to this forum Chris! Please post pictures of the models that you build.

Good luck on designing. It is mostly a matter of keeping after it and redoing things until you get it right. It takes a lot of patience, but it is VERY REWARDING when you get to designing a good model. I would love to see models of gunships and current helicopters.

Airborne82

Jun 12, 2010
It seems like it'll be fun. I've started on the repaint for the AC-130, but only toyed with concepts for blackhawk design... its such a daunting task without CAD. If there is a talented designer out there that wants to take it on, I'd be happy to help out, I can provide lots of info and photos, otherwise I'll get to it when I feel comfortable designing...which could be a hot minute. We'll see how the Spectre turns out first :) Thanks for the warm welcome.

Paladin

Mar 2, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Hi there Chris, aka Airborne82, funny, when I first got into this hobby I myself was over there in Mosul. I ended up building several models, and giving away a few. Some of my most prized models ended up getting shipped home, ( I just couldn't part with them). Anyway, don't hesitate to ask for anything. I'll try to send you whatever I can, via snail mail, or email. Just send me a private message if you need something, and I'll give you my AKO email address.
On another note, since you are new to this, you can go over to fiddlergreens website and sign up with them and get 3 free models. It doesn't cost anything to sign up, and all his models are pretty nice, easy to build and very inexpensive.

Take care brother,
Paladin

Airborne82

Jun 12, 2010
Well thanks for the offer Paladin, I appreciate your generosity. I'm in Balad for now. I have plenty of free kits, I've spent many hours scouring the internet looking for free stuff, and I've amassed quite a collection. There are a lot of free kits out there! :) Anyhow, thanks again! I go on leave in a few weeks, so I'll get the supplies I need then, but if I run out I'll hit you up.

Yogi - The gunship is in the works and I have big plans for it, we'll see how it turns out though. Once I get a little further along I'll probably start a build thread for it. Thanks for your interest!

-Chris

origami84

Jun 21, 2010
hello Chris good to have you on board. I think you guys are doing an excellent job in Iraq. Stay safe

Greycross

Feb 2, 2010
Welcome!! It's great to hear of more people using their free time to do something creative!! Thanks for all that you do, and I look forward to seeing your aircraft models!! Keep 'em flyin'!

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Welcome Chris!
I hope you find everything you need! Building out of copy paper? Now THAT is a challenge!

Stay safe and cool.

God bless you and your buddies for your service!

Ron Caudillo