Greetings from California

ModelSteamTrains

Nov 4, 2007
stores.ebay.com
California born and raised. Used to work in Orange County, have relatives in Arizona, now I hang my hat in Stockton. Will retire anywhere but here.
Doc

Me too. I grew up in the San Joaquin valley, lived in Stockton for 5 years, and then the SF bay area. Now I live in NW Washington.

And I don't blame you for Stockton, in the late 1980s, it was all about gangs and urban sprawl in the NE...

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Thankfully, we moved away from there last year! And yet I don't have to wish they all could be California girls, as I married one.

No, really, I enjoyed my time in SoCal (La Mirada, Diamond Bar, Fullerton). I was also part of the Orange County Module Railroaders (like Russ, who introduced me to The Gauge) and really enjoyed all of the Modeling action. I especially enjoyed visiting Milepost 38 Model Trains. I've been back once since they moved to their new location and their new shop is even better than the last location. Can't wait to get back down there and visit family so I can spend my 'Milepost Money' I accrued with the last visit!

Welcome to The Gauge, from a former SoCal modeler/railfan now living in Wild, Wet and Wonderful Washington State. (Hey, Bob Smaus left SoCal to come up here, and I'm wondering if his modeling interests will shift from SP to NP or even GN?)

TechOtter

Jan 6, 2008
Was kinda curious, how many folks are here from California ?

Grass Valley by way of Marysville by way of Montreal (that last one not California, but very much so in spirit). Love Northern California, but not crazy about the drivers in the LA and SF areas. Lots of rail activity in the
Sac area, and we have a family membership in the California State Railroad Museum. Well worth visiting if you're ever in the area.

Ed

sidewayzinca

Jul 9, 2005
Huntington Beach
hello all. huntington beach here by way of san diego. i"m in my 4th year at Long Beach state and i should be done by next summer. my roomates don't think MRR is a good look so i have all my stuff packaged up at my parents house. i think i am one of the youngest guys around here lol, 21?

MetroDodger

Feb 12, 2008
California
Hey guys how are you im in cali as well, in im highland out side of redlands in san bernardino county. tooo bad we all can get together and compare trains lol. DOC I LIKE YOUR BADGE HOW DO I PUT A PIC LIKE THAT? IM NEW TO THE FORUM SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.