Greetings from a new member

cicsos2

Hello everyone. I am just getting started with a model railroad (I gave my last one to my grandson several years ago). My grandfather worked for the Santa Fe all his life so I have a fondness for trains.

I will be retiring soon so my wife is hoping that this "new" hobby will keep me out of her hair.

I look forward to exploring this hobby board - it will certainly be a lot different from the computer boards that currently deal with.

Cheers to all,
Bill

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Welcome Aboard, Bill.... :D There are a bunch of past and present Railroaders here.. Glad you came aboard!! :D

Look around and see what there is available to help you.. and always feel free to ask questions, all we ask for payment, is progress pictures of your layout, once you start it. :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Welcome! We look forward to plenty of posts from you in the future. Any questions?... Just ask as somebody here has got the answer.

Jim Krause

Hello and Welcome. Be aware that your wife's comment about "getting in her hair" will only last until something needs to be done around the house. Then it will be "is playing with those trains all you're going to do the rest of your life"? (answer, yes). Anyhow have fun, its only a hobby.

cicsos2

Thanks for all of the welcome messages .. I've posted some pictures over in "Photo FUN week of 9/7" around set 8 to 10.

I've also changed my Avitar - this is a 1952 Santa Fe calendar. Sadily its the only one that survived..

Cheers to all

Pooh Bah
Bill: you'll find at least one similarity with computers "The nice thing about standards is there are so many of them."

And remember it's supposed to be fun. When it stops, take a spreadsheet and re-write it in COBOL.