Greenburg Show, Washington, DC

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Photos from the Greenburg Show, Washington, DC

I just got back from day 1 of the show and wanted to put some of the pics up. This show was bigger than last years event and had 6 clubs displaying everything from "n" to "Lionel "0" gauge. The "G" gauge "switchback" display was missing this year. They are publicizing the August 7-8 event that will be held in conjunction with the National "N" scale convention to be held here in 2004. They are planning for over 400 Ntrak modules with a display area of over 40,000 sq feet. They expect to occupy over half of the convention center display area.

On to the pics - first is the Potomac module crew HO

Attachments

• dsc00404 (2).jpg
    dsc00404 (2).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 81

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
The train at the left has one of the small mini-cams in the cab. You can see the shot on the TV to the right. The kids around the layout thought that it was "cool". So did I for that matter.

Attachments

• dsc00409 (2).jpg
    dsc00409 (2).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 63

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
I spent most of my time at the Northern VA Ntrak display. They had 34 modules set up and were primed to ask anyone that was within earshot about coming to the August event. should be fun. I am only going to post 2 of the n shots here the rest will go to the Photo forum.

This is a very interesting corner module. The loop off of the outside track back to a lead for a yard that is around the corner.:) :)

Attachments

• dsc00411 (2).jpg
    dsc00411 (2).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 65

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Here is the yard. It is 6 modules long and has a locomotive servicing area with roundhouse and operating turntable at the right. I will add that shot here. This is a great looking yard.

Attachments

• dsc00422 (2).jpg
    dsc00422 (2).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 64

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Forgot - one more. An energetic youngster from Maryland had a table with the "Lego" trains setup. No fancy posters or signs. Just a copy paper tent with "Monty's Lego Trains" on it. He was fielding a lot of questions from kids.

Here is a photo of some of his trains.

dcfxq

Dec 4, 2003
Alexandria VA
Visit site
Chantilly show

Sorry not to have met you yesterday. We were there from 12:30 to 3:30.

Foolishly didn't bring my camera though.

Did you by chance get a shot of the Neils Creek module - farm, barn, etc?

Wife is happy, we got som farm animals and other stuff. Now on to scratch build a farmhouse and barn.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Re: Chantilly show

Originally posted by dcfxq
Sorry not to have met you yesterday. We were there from 12:30 to 3:30.

Did you by chance get a shot of the Neils Creek module - farm, barn, etc?

I was there from about 11:00 AM to 3:00 also. I spent a lot of time back at the Ntrk display. I had my Gauge badge on and talked about it with a few folks including, of all things, our recruiting manager from the company that I work for in Columbia, MD. Small world.

I thought that I got a shot of the farm. Was it the one next to the M&O Junction that I have in the "Photo" forum?

I ended up with 2 new Kato F3's and decoders for them along with a couple of MT coal hoppers and 2 Missouri Pacific books. Looking forward to that big gathering in August.:) :)

dcfxq

Dec 4, 2003
Alexandria VA
Visit site
I guess we both - wife and self - were so absorbed in what we were looking at when we were up at the NVNTrakers end of the show that we didn't notice anyone with a Gauge badge.

Yes that is the precise one I meant. If you could post it I'd really appreciate it. I'd really like to use some of the elements in it to scratchbuild our tiny layout.

Connie, my wife, said I know what we'll be doing this August. It sounds great! May also do the Feb 28-29 show at the PG Equestrian center where to old Marlboro race course was.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by dcfxq

Yes that is the precise one I meant. If you could post it I'd really appreciate it. I'd really like to use some of the elements in it to scratchbuild our tiny layout.

Unfortunately, that was the only one of that module. I started going the other way arount the layout and never got back for another photo.

:(