Green Goose

Jac's Lines

Jan 28, 2005
Rochester, NY
Just some pics of something I've been working on for the last couple of days. This is inspired by the Galloping Goose, but freelanced in HOn30. The running mechanism is a n-scale Bachmann Brill trolley with one of the power trucks removed. The cab is from a Jordan Products 1934 Ford bus and the freight area in back was scratched. I kinda like the green color for now, and have mocked it up with US Forest Service decals. I have no idea why the USFS would have a Goose, but it's my railroad. :D Still have lots more details to add, but I'm happy with it for now.

Attachments

• April 2005 011.jpg
    April 2005 011.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 78
  • April 2005 012.jpg
    April 2005 012.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 76

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
WOW if the kids see something like that coming down the track they would run and hide. Nice model that looks like it has many miles under its belt. Good work JL.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: The Chicago & Northwestern had a green self propelled streamliner the locals would call "The Tomato worm".

That thang's just too cool. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Sweet little device! I have a Bachmann N scale trolley that I have been wondering about bashing for just such a beastie--now that I have seen it can be done, maybe it's time to get to it!

neilmunck

Feb 18, 2004
Glasgow, UK
www.gmts.org.uk
That is cool as anything! :thumb:

I think you need to make the front end sit a bit lower so the wholething is level. Maybe change to low profile wheels if the flanges catch on the mudguards?

That will be a really fun thing to detail. I love the peaked roof too :)

This picture (by carl fallberg) that i found on my hard-disk is a great source of bonkers ideas for detailing. I'm sorry I can't remeber where it came from but it was originally in a book of cartoons he did (now out of print :( )

neil

Attachments

• F-C-railcar2.jpg
    F-C-railcar2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 66

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
The "Fiddletown & Copperopolis" book is great, I own a copy and found myself almost wanting to get back into narrow gauge...

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
That's cool! I started work on one... I guess I should dig it out and work on it some more... :eek:ops:

The USFS could have one for patrolling national forests and parks that the railroads cut through... Checking for fires, etc, started when those fire-breathin' cinder-blechin' smokin' steamers go by. ;)

Andrew