Greelt’s Saturn V forest

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Nando, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Looking around for something new in the other forums, I found a new building thread about “Saturn V 1:48 von Greelt A. Peterusma” at Kartonbau.de forum.
    (http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=12053))

here a link to a picture
    [​IMG]

The number of Greelt’s Saturn V is growing up like trees in a forest …..:grin:

At the end of the first page there is a post of “rallymondsuechtig” that shows a Greelts S-IC with the second and third stage!!! I don’t understand the german language, Google translated also, and I think that the upper stages are from Ton’s Saturn 1/48 available at Jonathan site.

here a link to a picture
    [​IMG]

Could someone confirm my impression?
    However It is a preview how the Greelt’s Saturn will look like, and It is a wonderful sighting!

Best, Nando
  2. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

Well, rallymondsuechtig doesn't talk about the source at all, but Waeschens does:
    Which translates to:
    Hope the translation helps.

best wishes Michiru
  3. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Good Evening Mirichu,

Thank you for the links and translation. Michael does beautiful work.
  4. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Thanks Mirichu for the useful translation.

Best, Nando :)
  5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

A few questions about Greelt's S-IC

I was Building Greelt's Saturn V S-IC and ran into some problems that I thought were minor at the time but when I finished it I found that they created quite some difference. So here are the major problems.
    How did you get such clean glue lines and a nice rounded figure for the model? When I tried this model I got a 'cockled' surface which wasn't completely smooth and the glue sometimes got out of the seam of the pieces and left dired bits of glue around the seams. I also found that when I built upward, I ran into a problem with the rings. They seemed too big and would just slip over top of the previous ring and so I just had to cut off some of the ring and 'make it fit' but turned out making a side go up at a slight slant and it is a different diameter than the bottom. Gluie also creates another problem for me like when I built an engine, once the glue touched the gray part, the ink became a bluish color and sometimes a maroonish color. What can I do to stop this? I think I am definetly going to rebuild this model when I get the chance. But can anyone please help with these problems?
    Thanks guys.
    Lucas
  6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Lucas?

P.M. Me when You get a chance. I will see if I can help You out.

Carl
  7. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

Hello,
    I have made a mistake. There is only the first stage designed by Greelt.

Now a have a question about the LUT. What happens to the strukture? I need some sources about the LUT. In germany you find nothing about this.

Michael
  8. George B

George B Senior Member

The last remaining LUT (not counting part of #2 at the shuttle pad) was cut up and disposed of because of environmental concerns, this was in 2004. The only parts remaining are the top two levels including the Colby crane which are on display at the Kennedy Space Center.

More information can be found here;
    Save The LUT
  9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

That Was a Sin!!

The folks at the Federal EPA, & Florida's Enviro-Nazi's, should be taken to the nearest tree for forcing NASA to cut it up. The idea that the LUT may have been recycled into a KIA floor pan, makes Me sick. I do not often go off about the Wacko Tree Hugging Left, (or the Mom, Apple Pie, & Flag, Right), but come-on, (Sometimes We need to have a little common sense). Florida is already a toxic waste dump, (The Official State Soil is Asphalt, for cry-in out loud, (LOL)). What harm would it have been to let the old girl bleed/rust for awhile longer, while the funds came in to restore it.

Sorry for the rant, (I just hate that it is gone),

Carl
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I agree with you 100%

I think that disposing the LUT is almost like a criminal offense. THey should have build it up and had it as a display piece out side the Saturn V Center or they could build the center up around it so it was safe from the elements and people could climb it and walk the gantry and look over the Saturn V and then continue on a path from the whiteroom to some steps and continue their visit to the mighty Saturn V.

Lucas
  11. George B

George B Senior Member

You have these folks to thank.
    BEM Systems - Client Sectors - Federal - Representative Client Summaries - NASA Headquarters
  12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

13. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

The story about the LUT could originate also from Germany. **** happens all over the world.
    Regards
    Michael
  14. EMÍLIO CÉSAR

EMÍLIO CÉSAR New Member

help me

:wave:Dear friend Nando,
    I am from Brazil and I am trying to mount the Saturn V in the scale of 1:48, but in the Internet I did not find for donwload the traineeships 2 and 3 of the rocket.wall1
    Would you be able to inquire where I can find? Please help me.announce1

From of already very much, very much thank you.:wave:

Emilio Caesar of Brazil
  15. kk135

kk135 Member

Jon's site is great for space models.
  16. EMÍLIO CÉSAR

EMÍLIO CÉSAR New Member

2nd and 3nd stage Saturn V 1:48

Dear friend please,
    I am from Brazil and I am trying to mount the Saturn V in the scale of 1:48, but in the Internet I did not find for donwload the traineeships 2 and 3 of the rocket.wall1
    Would you be able to inquire where I can find? Please help me.announce1

From of already very much, very much thank you.:wave:

Emilio Caesar of Brazil
  17. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

Link to Saturn V 'parts'

Find the Saturn V and Apollo downloads here:
    jleslie48.com/gallery_models_other.html

Do not use "WWW" in the address. Alternatively, you can Google for:
    "The Lower Hudson Valley" "Saturn V" "paper model"

Regards,
    Robert
  18. WickedClownInc

WickedClownInc New Member

I have spent most of the afternoon looking around at various sources, and correct me if I'm wrong. But does Greelt's Saturn V only go up to the Interstage and J2 Rockets? It seems to be that someone else (Ton?) kinda picked it up from there? There is a lot of information on the 1:48 build and I was hopeing someone can clarify some of this for me. Thanks in advance.
  19. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

Greelt's Saturn V has kind of stalled it seems...Ton has his own rocket. As far as I know, Greelt will finish his.
  20. WickedClownInc

WickedClownInc New Member

Thanks. Thats about what I gathered. Has anyone heard for sure that Greelt will continue his or is in the process? The last update was his J2's and that was Jan of last year. I do know that life does come first, but I would like to start his, but wouldn't want to get only half of a Saturn V completed.