Great News!!

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Well after careful negotations we have finnaly come to a accord. The contractors move in shortly to start demo and construction.
The consetions are party one will get a room 14x 16 for hobbies trains and ect(also a place to hang my fish,deerheads and so forth)
Party 2 will recieve a larger kitchen,new laundryroom and dinning area completly updated with new cabinets, granite tops and appliances to include new furniture in the dinning area.
Some how I feel I got screwed on this deal but I GET MY TRAINS!!
balloon6 bounce7 pics of progress start soon. TONY

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
pennman said:

You got off lightly...! ;) :D The "second party" in my case just informed me that bookcases will be occupying a large part of what I thought was going to be "train space" in our new home... :mad:

Andrew

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Tony:

Are you the cook or cleaner in your household? If you answered no to either one then consider yourself lucky. I am the cook in my household, so a new kitchen AND a larger train room would suit me just fine.

Congrats, and remember, "If mamma ain't happy, then no one is happy."

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
the fine line

Yes, I luv to eat wear clothes and sleep in my own bed... I guess youall are right, IF MOMMA AINT HAPPY NO ONES HAPPY. So I'll lick my wounds and console my check book and drive on. Just a whole lot of money I had planned on spending on the layout will now just take a bit longer. BUT I STILL HAVE MY TRAINS
sign1 TONY

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Update!!

Well guys, Spoke to the contractors and they are about 2 weeks behind schedule. They say due to weather(HUH) anyways they are suppose to start by the beginng of Sept. I hope. But I have recieved my new Super chief and my decoders Mon. and I'm confused as hell but working. Ive put and order in for my switches and am starting the first section of the layout in my office/model/sewing room..(still not sure how I lost that battle either:rolleyes: )
but it is working. If I could figure how to convert my XTR cad design and post it I'll give you guys a look at the plan.
More to follow,
TONY

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Heres the plan

Well Guys been waiting on the contractor to show.. Its Sept hes suppose to start this week.
But I have almost finish my track plan and want some input be staight and let me know what I should change and/or keep.
The plan:
N scale switching
based on an area of Pa & NJ The Penn Central B&NE Sub division
era 65-75
heavy industry and city
point to point?? Not sur if I should loop or not?
Note the top part of the layout is missing, due to the fact I havent come up with a suitable plan for that last module, It will be however a 2'x10-12' module:wave:

Attachments

• new layouut.gif
    new layouut.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 229

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
pennman said:
Well after careful negotations we have finnaly come to a accord. The contractors move in shortly to start demo and construction.
The consetions are party one will get a room 14x 16 for hobbies trains and ect(also a place to hang my fish,deerheads and so forth)
Party 2 will recieve a larger kitchen,new laundryroom and dinning area completly updated with new cabinets, granite tops and appliances to include new furniture in the dinning area.
14x16 you say? Well, if your careful, go find the blue prints while no one is looking and add a "0" behind the 14 and the 16...sign1sign1 sign1 140'x160' should be more than enough room.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
You can alway's run a reversing loop that way you can run point-2-point or continuous run when ever you like, for those day's you just feel like watching them run without tinkering.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Looking at the industrial switching section in next to the yard, I don't see a place to run the locomotive around a train to work facing point switches. I also don't see any run arounds in the yard, but the wye could be used to turn the trains coming into the yard. If using a switch engine to make or break up trains in the yard, you would probably want to have a run around to avoid having to run to the wye for every run around move. There may be a run around in the yard that I can't see due to small scale of the drawing in the post. It looks like there is a lot of fun switching potential in that plan though.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Contractor's have an excuse for every day of the week and every occasion. I think someone should publish a book of their excuses. Hope you got a penalty clause in your contract if they are starting with the excuses already.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
There was a great comic in MRM many years ago that went something like this ...

trainhousexe4.gif

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Another cartoon (first issue of Great Model Railroads?) showed "model railroaders Retirement Community -- a field of basements with a floor over them and a stairway up the side.

I suggest that you have a loop of some sort, just for running in and testing. I used a loop of track that came with a train set until I joined the two ends of my point to point.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Track Plan

Hey Guys,
I see what your saying in the yard area, I need to figure in a run around track, I do believe I have just enough room on both of the entry tracks to the wye to put in a run around /cutup track.
As far as the industrial tier I was thinking of splitting elevations between the innner and outer spurs and maybe putting a hidden track against the wall to form a loop.
Let me know, and thank you for your help
TONY

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Update On The New Layout

Well Guys its been a rough few weeks. FIRED THE CONTRACTOR BUMMM...:curse:
Got in touch with some buddies of mine at the fire house the frame for a living, ( what I should have done in the first place), Smokeed a side of pork and a few 12 packs and weve been framing since, Framed myself when I was in highschool and college to make ends meet. Still remember alot of it. But anyway the walls are up and things are coming along well.
Well and the final reason things have come to a sudden halt is this last week I became a GRANDPA on a greatlittle boy 4-10OZ. and hes all additude, but soon to be a little model railroaderjust like his dad and grandparents
TONYballoon6

Attachments

• 100_0456.jpg
    100_0456.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_0457.jpg
    100_0457.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_0458.jpg
    100_0458.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 31