Great Moment To Share

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
I drove to ridgefield park Nj on my way to my sis's super bowl party. I sqaure mile long town with a railroad avenue. I heard the train twice every night, and counted cars many times at the signal with my dad. Well as we come into town guess what. I hear a train coming I rushed to the restored train station in town and me and my 3 year old girl sat on the bench and watched the train. Mostly a load of cars I'll guess from the port in elizibeth. She loved it and talked about how they "are bigger" then my trains. "Wow thats cool", "We have that daddy", (notice the "we", I thought they were mine:confused: ). It was great! After the end we walked out to the track so we could stand on it and touch it and put our ear to it. Hey the lone Ranger did that I think. All and all a great moment in time.

docsnavely

Sep 20, 2004
Zushi, Japan
That is the best story I have heard in a long time! Thanks for sharing! I can only hope that when my daughter is 3, that she'll share her daddy's interests like yours does!

-doc

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Between my two marriages with "7" kids total, (thank god that they are all grown and gone from home now, I need the peace and quite) I have a lot of cherished moments
that I will never forget, But I sure don't have one as nice as yours when it comes to trains! Never forget what you have! Great story!!