Great Mazinger Bust

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello all,

A little while back I built this Great Mazinger Bust model. It's from a set of 3 (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, and Getter 1) bust models. I was given a plastic model of the Brain Condor (the control unit which docks in the G. Mazinger's head) as a gift several years ago. It's a neat model but I was thinking it needs the head to make the model complete. The paper kit was too small to accomidate the Brain Condor model so I re-sized it up to match the scale.

This is just a proof of concept model and will be re-built in sheet styrene with light up eyes and cockpit, but i thought I would share the paper mock up with everybody here :D

Getter 1

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 236

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
hpept said:
WOW!!! This brings me back old memories.... Amazing model!
Are you planning to release it in some way, or, as you said, is this only a development model for future plastic scratchbuilding?

Hello Hpept,

Yeah you're from Italy right? The old 70's japanese cartoons were big there. I've done work for an Itallian gentelman who makes semi-hako style versions of the old Super Robots. It's rough communicating though as neither of us speaks the other's language and translators just mess up everything :p

Anywho the model is not my design. It is one of 3 kits produced by Banpresto for limited release. I enlarged it to accomidate the plastic Brain Condor. I found the kits on E-Bay but they are hard to come by. I do however have 1 extra copy of the Great Mazinger if you're intrested?

Getter 1