Grande Valley RR update

C

Catt

Since finding out yesterday from Paul Graf at ATLAS that the code 55 may not be availible till Christmas or later I have decided on another plan of attack.

The new plan is to use Peco code 55 flex track for the whole layout.:D I have placed my order and may just be laying track by this coming sunday.:D :D :D

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Catt, I have been using Peco code 55 and I ballast it heavy to give it the shortline look. As long as I don't use the older stuff with the oversize flanges I don't have any problems. On the old layout I painted it a rusty brown and it made it look to big. Now I'm painting it flat black and it looks like code 40!:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well, Tyson, I guess that answers my question that I posted on your thread about what kind of track you use! :eek:
I've been using Peco track for a while now, in HO & N, & I have nothing but good things to say about it.
One great thing about the code 55 N scale is that it is actually code 70 rail with .015" imbedded in the tie strip. Thus it is compatable with any of the larger code rail (i.e. Atlas) that you may already be using.