Gradius Gaiden Ships in 1/300 scale...

Gomidefilho

Jan 12, 2007
Brazil - Porto Alegre - RS
I think perhaps the greatest parallel to the modeling hobby that I was playing a video game, although nowadays not interest me much anymore as the subject 15 years ago. But ideas and models drawn game video game render large parts of static modeling in any media.

My exercise since february is a reproduced a Gradius Gaiden ships in papercraft in small scale...

gradiusgaiden_zps55d1a37f.jpg

This 1997 game is part of a long franchise that Konami develops over a shoot 'n' up game of science-fiction. She originally created in 1985 for the arcades. The background of this game is the story of a space war between a bio-cybernetic race called Bacterion and "humanity" who lives in gradian planet (Earth). Obvious that the cliche is to Bacterions always try to invade Gradian, destroying almost the entire Gradian Space Navy until only spare a special prototype piloted by a hero (you) destroys all enemy army, reaching the central bio-computer of Bacterions which disables all weapons and mechanisms of war enemies.

Gradius_Gaiden_by_IvyMomo_zpsde86b6db.jpg

Gradius Gaiden is the fifth sequel of the game, and once again the Bacterions are back, trying to modify the time traveling to the past to win the first gradian Bacterion war, to prevent the threat of the Navy gradian uses four classes of space inter-time fighters: Vic Viper, the Lord British (the first being veterans of other wars), the Falchion Beta and Jade Knight.

ggaiden_zps3ea8190c.jpg

Those ships that the player controls in the way of one or two players are the target of our exercise here. Paper-models are models that will produce in scale 1/300, were made by a fan and made available here: http://beckerindustries.webs.com/papercraft.htm

The idea is to assemble the four at the same time and place on a single display.

mysteroid

Jul 1, 2008
Hong Kong
Awesome work bro! In the past I was a bigger is better sort, but lately I've been thinking smaller builds are the way to go. Less ink, less paper, less display space. Again fantastic!

Steve