GPM's Ju-87 D-3

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ron, Jul 31, 2004.

1. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

Rivet detail

I punched all the rivets with a stylus. First, I lightly pressed the rivet from the printed side in order to mark the location, and then I turned the paper over and pressed the rivet from the non-printed side. I can tell you with authority that it is a very, very tedious process. But you are right; the finished product no longer looks like paper. It begins to look more like a real aircraft with this touch.
  2. pashlispaht

pashlispaht Member

Small holes

I realized after looking at your post again that you did not ask about the rivets.... I punched the small holes with a piece of brass tube that I sharpened. I think that it is 1/16" inside diameter. I just put the tube in a Dremel and filed the end. Then I proceeded to punch out the holes with my punch and a hand-held pin drill.
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

You can leave it in the Dremel..., makes punching small holes fun!

Thanks also for explaining the rivet detail. I do the same technique. It is tedious but goes rather fast.

Best regards, Gil
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Pashlispaht, that is simply amazing. Can't believe you are managing this in 1/33. And it is so clean, and crisp, really no sign of paper or cardboard at all.

Congratulations, indeed!

Leif
  5. tino

tino Member

Very beautiful job, much better than my P51D fuel tanks.
    Its really an impressive work.