Gpm scharfshutze 1:200 laser cut kit

Discussion in 'First Impressions Kit Reviews' started by The Hermit, Jan 31, 2009.

1. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

GPM SCHARFSHUTZE 1:200 LASER CUT KIT
    model kit is in loose form
    and does not present the model designer
    includes polish instructions
    laser formers
    2 printed pages with most laser cut parts
    and 1 addition of laser cut rails

I MUST ADMIT AT FIRST I JUST THOUGHT OH A PRETTY GERMAN SHIP
    with laser cut frames woot i added it to my gpm cart and proceded to check out
    to my suprise a couple of short weeks later, when i examined the model, it was actually a dream come true... a laser cut model kit... double woot
    now you dont get the complete model laser cut thats no fun.. hermit has to cut something right? exactly!!
    but all of the fiddly hard stuff i like to botch up is there in precision laser cut...
    i have been wanting some one to make kits like this for a very long time
    its got it all
    parts for me to cut
    laser formers
    and tiny laser cut fiddy parts
    and they are actually cut very very precise. moreso that i can do!!!
    i am sure that as more people examine this kit that they as well will get as excited about it as me
    i like ships, but since i get bad arthritis it discourages me from hte hard parts...
    this is a all around win!!
    enough of that lol
    it only has 2 printed pages of model parts with 3/4 ths of a page being laser cut parts
    5 very detail model build illustrations printed very crisp and clear and 2 pages polish instructions
    but the illustrated build more than makes up for it
    i feel it is 5 of 5 on print quality 4.5 of 5 on laser cut quality
    the laser cut is very good, infact better than i can do but there is still a small area for improvement
    its mot precisely smooth on curves there is still a little wiggle, having said htat i find it to be a exceptional kit... over all i give it a 5 out of 5
    because it is a small easy to build kit with quality parts, i could easly see how a beginner with patience could build a exceptional model from this kit
    thanks for making it gpm...
    photos of the kit folllow the jump
  2. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

photos 1

photos 1

i placed the laser cut pages on top of a white page to illustrate the precision of the cutting

nice no?

Attached Files:

3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

photos 2

photos 2

Attached Files:

4. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

thats it till next time hope you enjoyed the review!

please support your papermodel designers so they will continue to design very cool kits like this one!!!

:wave:
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

A vision of the future for the hobby.
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Very nice. It looks like you build the lifeboats up in layers, is that right?
  7. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I see where they are going with this. The model is virtually impossible to pirate easily in it's entirity. Very Clever.

Awesome model, I want one.
  8. charliec

charliec Active Member

It's not a German destroyer but built by the Austro-Hungarian empire before WW1. The Austrian Navy was pretty much restricted to actions in the Adriatic sea since it was bottled up by ships from the Italian, French and Royal Navies. Even so, some of the actions of the Austrian destroyers beggar belief - like reversing into a canal and shooting up shipping and gun positions. See http://warshipsresearch.web-log.nl/warships/files/oostenrijskedestroyersgoed.PDF for much more on these overlooked ships.

Regards,

Charlie
  9. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

yes barry it appears that you build them up in layers (lifeboats)
  10. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

:thumb: THANK YOU very much charliec

that is a very cool pdf about the ships.

i very much liked learning more about it!
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It IS great... I love the idea. Although mistakes will be costly like the model itself.

No personal scans will save yer butt on this kind of work. Then again, having perfect cut parts can eliminate most errors so perhaps scans will no longer be needed to 'backup' your parts list.
  12. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

LOL...it is just like photo-etched parts for plastics. And plastic sprues...you screw up a part, you screw up a part. :twisted: Although plastic is probably easier to hide mistakes on! lol

I like the precision stuff...I hope they do more of this...I would imagine it would allow smaller scale items to be done as well.