gpm pby-2 build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by col. kurtz, Nov 25, 2007.

1. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

futher update just completed wing looks ok had a few probs joining the sections plenty of pva !!!!!!! should be completd by the weekend (or at least im hoping !!!!!!:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice looking build ;)
  3. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I didn't realize until your last few sets of photos that you're building the original GPM Catalina, and not the most recent addition which has been recolored. I sort of like the old paint scheme better. It's looking great so far!
  4. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanks i didnt like the new addition thats why i choose the old gpm kit it has that 1930s feel to it :thumb:
    completed the floats which im gonna mount in down position,will update shortly with pics but ive been busy with my star trek nebula build thread, and a pl"£!^tic kit of a u- boat ive been building for someone as a paying job,which im about to finish now (at 230am!!!!) :thumb:
  5. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

hi guys long time no update !!sign1
    neckbrace,floats and engine mounts all built up just got too finish them off
    so much to do but not enough time to do it sign1
    anywya heres the pics ........:thumb:

Attached Files:

6. exzealot

exzealot Member

Lookin' good! I was wondering if you were working on this.

Ken
  7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

hi guys just to let you all know ive finished the catalina and ill be posting pics 2mro as ive run out of batteries 4 my camera it was a great build ive learnt alot from it along the way ,got abit sidetracked with nmy strek p.m. builds but finally got it done next up will either be a jap seaplane or the us curtiss hawk kit (which i was bought for xmas)
    photos tomrrow definately guys thanks for all your encouragement and comments !!!1
  8. How big is this wing tip to wingtip? It looks fairly huge. Is that 1/33 scale? I would like to get this one but I wonder if I shrunk it down to 1/72?
  9. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

tim the wingspan is 61cm tip 2 tip hope that helps its bigger thwn i expected too. heres the photos of her completed :thumb:

Attached Files:

10. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

final set of pics :thumb:

Attached Files:

11. Nice job. It is way too big for my office so I think I will try to reduce it to 1/72.
  12. barry

barry Active Member

Looks great
  13. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Very nice! Those big multi-engine models always look great when they're done. Sure they're big, but I think that's why I like them. Thanks for showing us the build.
  14. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanx alot guys:thumb: your welcome ill try to share as many unusal builds i do on the forum. thanx barry for the file... its up next ill let you know how i get on im really pleased with how it came out i do like seaplanes something majestic about them when i was in florida in 2003 while visiting kissimee municpal airport (where thier is a great restoration museum ) i was lucky enough to talk the owner of a land sea pby who was flying that dya into letting me go up with him it was a great experinece and every time i look at the pby model it reminds me of it its probably the reason why i built it too.
    im planning on visiting switzerland this year theres a flying ju-52 there that you can pay to go up in i plan on doing that (another excuse to buy the gpm ju-52 and then build it too):thumb:
  15. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

16. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

Nullmoon-
    I was intrigued by the "house cat"..:)
    I looked it up and found this website:
    Grounded as a houseboat
    it details the boat you have in the pic.
    Col Kurtz sorry to hear about what the neighbors cat did. I would normally say in jest shoot the cat, but some one here may take me seriously and not find it funny, so don't shoot it, just tie some lit news pappers to it's tail so that it runs back to your neighbors house, all problems solved.sign1
  17. I see the landing gear on this intersting Seaplane/houseboat but where are the wings??? :) :) :)

(later)

OK I was trying to be funny. I had no idea these really were seaplanes. Interesting metamorphasis. At least they live on.