GPM Models

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by TankMurderer, Apr 10, 2007.

1. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

Is there a model anyone would suggest???8)
  2. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

Is there a model anyone would suggest???8)
  3. sakrison

sakrison Member

The GPM An-2 "Colt" is a good one. Fly Model's Ki-45 "Toryu" was a real pleasure to build. Geli's DC-3 is a nice kit--one of Geli's nicest. The Westland "Whirlwind" from Modelart is a nice, straightforward kit. Two other kits that I built early on and enjoyed are the V-1 "Buzz Bomb" and V-2 Rocket from Ralph Currell. Both are free downloads and very well designed. Maly Modelarts "Kate" is one of the nicest kits I've built, although it's probably not for beginners.
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

The GPM An-2 "Colt" is a good one. Fly Model's Ki-45 "Toryu" was a real pleasure to build. Geli's DC-3 is a nice kit--one of Geli's nicest. The Westland "Whirlwind" from Modelart is a nice, straightforward kit. Two other kits that I built early on and enjoyed are the V-1 "Buzz Bomb" and V-2 Rocket from Ralph Currell. Both are free downloads and very well designed. Maly Modelarts "Kate" is one of the nicest kits I've built, although it's probably not for beginners.
  5. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

okily dokily, easy to follow graphics, got it. w00t
  6. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

okily dokily, easy to follow graphics, got it. w00t
  7. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

Any good Armour models?
  8. TankMurderer

TankMurderer New Member

Any good Armour models?
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

FYI............... Geli is no longer with us............ they left the building with Elvis.

Lots of good, not modeled anyway else subjects are and will be even more harder to come by.:cry:

Check out Josve posts on AFV stuff............. I believe he used GPM often.

john
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

FYI............... Geli is no longer with us............ they left the building with Elvis.

Lots of good, not modeled anyway else subjects are and will be even more harder to come by.:cry:

Check out Josve posts on AFV stuff............. I believe he used GPM often.

john
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

15. sakrison

sakrison Member

Geli kits do turn up on E-Bay now and then. And last time I checked, PMI still had a selection.
  16. sakrison

sakrison Member

Geli kits do turn up on E-Bay now and then. And last time I checked, PMI still had a selection.
  17. sakrison

sakrison Member

Here's my GPM An-2 Colt "in the rough.":p It's been moved around a lot and is a bit the worse for wear. Some bracing wires are missing. (I used piano wire--should have used monofilament or thread.) And the prop is a bit bent. In that sense, it's very realistic--it looks just like a lot of the An-2s you'd see mouldering away in the grass on Russian airports these days.

It's disheartening, the number of neglected and derelict aircraft you can find on Russian airfields, especially in Siberia. It's a collector's dream and a salvager's nightmare.

This kit was my first attempt at real scale modeling in paper, built about 5-6(?) years ago. I can see lots of flaws but for a first attempt, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'd like to build the kit again just to see how I could improve it. The cockpit begs for some extra detailing, with all that glass. I might even recolor it to Soviet markings now that I know my way around Photoshop.

As big as the kit is, it might be a good one for LED cabin and position lights--something I've always wanted to try.

One of the nice things about this kit, in my opinion, is that it's big (span, about 21"), which tends to make it fairly forgiving and an impressive display model even with all the flaws I built into it. I certainly recommend it.

Does anyone have one you'd like to sell or trade? (I kind of shot myself in the foot here with my recommendation . . .)

No worries,
    --David
  18. sakrison

sakrison Member

Here's my GPM An-2 Colt "in the rough.":p It's been moved around a lot and is a bit the worse for wear. Some bracing wires are missing. (I used piano wire--should have used monofilament or thread.) And the prop is a bit bent. In that sense, it's very realistic--it looks just like a lot of the An-2s you'd see mouldering away in the grass on Russian airports these days.

It's disheartening, the number of neglected and derelict aircraft you can find on Russian airfields, especially in Siberia. It's a collector's dream and a salvager's nightmare.

This kit was my first attempt at real scale modeling in paper, built about 5-6(?) years ago. I can see lots of flaws but for a first attempt, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'd like to build the kit again just to see how I could improve it. The cockpit begs for some extra detailing, with all that glass. I might even recolor it to Soviet markings now that I know my way around Photoshop.

As big as the kit is, it might be a good one for LED cabin and position lights--something I've always wanted to try.

One of the nice things about this kit, in my opinion, is that it's big (span, about 21"), which tends to make it fairly forgiving and an impressive display model even with all the flaws I built into it. I certainly recommend it.

Does anyone have one you'd like to sell or trade? (I kind of shot myself in the foot here with my recommendation . . .)

No worries,
    --David
  19. sakrison

sakrison Member

Here are a few more pics of my GPM An-2 Colt.

The wheel-skis are freelanced from grainy photos in a book on the An-2. I don't know how accurate they are but they work for me.

This was my first attempt at scale modeling in paper (aside from a castle and some songbirds). It's rough around the edges but I think it has stood up well. And was a good kit for learning the basics.
    --David

"Results? Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -- Thomas A. Edison
  20. sakrison

sakrison Member

Here are a few more pics of my GPM An-2 Colt.

The wheel-skis are freelanced from grainy photos in a book on the An-2. I don't know how accurate they are but they work for me.

This was my first attempt at scale modeling in paper (aside from a castle and some songbirds). It's rough around the edges but I think it has stood up well. And was a good kit for learning the basics.
    --David

"Results? Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -- Thomas A. Edison