GP15 Intake Grills

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by babydot94513, Mar 28, 2004.

1. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

I am looking for intake grills for the GP15-1 locomotive. My intel tells me that A1 Models makes/supplies this under part number #1013.

I have been unable to locate this part and any information on a source would be appreciated.
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I have no idea about the A1 models parts, but there were grills made for the SD40T-2 that could be modified to fit the GP15-1.I don't remember who made them, and I don't know if they're still available.
    Pete
  3. trainworm

trainworm Member

Smokey Valley makes intake grills for the GP15. they are part number 290.

there are a couple of manufacturers making the see through grills for the SD40T-2 that may work on the GP15. just do a search for SD40T grill at www.walthers.com
  4. mcjaco

mcjaco New Member

Just saw this post. Thought I'd show my CFNR GP15. This one is done (it needs to be decoderized). I have one ready for the paint shop and, one that needs to get details put on. They're all Walther's units, which unfortunately are out of production. I'm still looking for undec SD-9's as well.....

[​IMG]
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge MJC That is a sweet looking loco you have there.
  6. mcjaco

mcjaco New Member

Thanks, Matthyro. It's my pride and joy. Now I just need to finish the other two!
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice looking loco.
    Is that paint scheme based on the California and Arizona railroad, or did they change the name since I was out there in '90?
  8. babydot94513

The California Northern, Puget Sound and Pacific and the California Arizona are all former Park Sierra Company railroads now owned by Rail America group. Paint schemes are the same for the most part.

JD

9. mcjaco

mcjaco New Member

As Jeff said, all three of those railroads are through one owner. I beleive the Arizona & California was the first of the three to wear the paint scheme.

Interestingly enough, Athearn did a Gunderson Husky stack in AZCR. I found out yesterday that they hauled hay with them.

The CFNR is a great regional to model, a good deal of traffic and great scenery. Now if someone out there would make a good GP15.....
  10. babydot94513

Bless you and your entire family for your recognition of a great shortline<g>.

JD

11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

If I can remember to bring my camara when I go to Woodland, Ca. I can take pictures of the real thing. I saw a double yesterday in town. :eek:
  12. babydot94513

Dick, it has been awhile since I railfanned the CFNR in Woodland/Davis. What is there schedule these days?

JD

13. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I took this shot around Feb or March of this year

[​IMG]
  14. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

They come down from the North (chico or Redding??) in the morning do a lot of switching, drop off, spotting, pickup and park their engine on the northeast side of woodland. There is a tiny cafe there and it serves real good food. They are in the area from 4 to 8 hours each day.
    This picture just shows a single engine. Usually they run doubles.
  15. mcjaco

mcjaco New Member

Ah to be lucky enough to railfan it anyday you like......it's a little tough being in Chicago! :rolleyes:
  16. babydot94513

I think you need a road trip to California to see not only the California Northern but also to see where the Central Pacific started its eastward trek<g>

JD

17. mcjaco

mcjaco New Member

Oh sure....you buying??? :D