Got to thinking about Robin this morning

C

Catt

and thought I would post some pics of the two buildings he made for me.

robin3.jpg

robin4.jpg

robin5.jpg

robin6.jpg

robin7.jpg

robin8.jpg

robin9.jpg

They are sitting on our now retired NTRAK now 2TRAK layout.

robin10.jpg

MilesWestern

Yeah, Ol' Robin by far is the MASTER of Cerealboard construction, in ANY scale! Those N scale buildings you have there blow most kits right out of the water! It's really great what you can make with so little... BTW, is there any warpage on your models?

C

Catt

None yet Miles.I'm planning to install the buildings on the 2TRAK layout (the buildings are just parked there right now) somewhere just so people can see them.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Catt,
Having some of Robin's work on public display, would truly be a fine tribute to a good person, and a great modeler.
Pete

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Thanks for sharing those Johnathan... :) Sounds like a great plan to show them off too, so that others may appreciate how Robin transformed the lowly cereal box... :thumb:

Andrew

Pooh Bah
Catt: I take the building that Robin made with my name on it along to shows. I assemble card building kits, but I use Robin's work to show whay can be done.

C

Catt

David the next show that our TTRAK layout is going to is March 18th.These two buildings will be sharing space with a loop of Z gauge track plus train.:)

I still haven't figured out away to explain the cannery with no water around but I will.......someday.

No the Z gauge is not mine it belongs to another member but it sure gets attention concidering the fact that it is only a loop of track on a grass mat.

spitfire

Chessie6459 said:
They look Great Johnathan.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Brings a tear to my eye.:cry:

Mine too. I have 2 of his buildings also, set carefully aside while I reconstruct the layout room, but they are certainly going to have a place of honour.

Thank-you for posting those JohN, it brings back fond memories. Man, I miss him.

Val

Russ Bellinis

joesho said:
btw,what happened to the rest of his creations,like the cn station??

After Robin passed away his models were offered to Gauge members who wanted them. A couple of Gauge members went to Robin's house to help his widow pack things up and they packaged the structures and sent them to gauge members who had requested the models. They have been distributed all over the U.S. and Canada and I think a few went to Australia.

I sure miss Robin. I never met him, but when I first came to the Gauge I would open the "Scratchin & Bashin" forum first to see the progress on the latest Robin creation that he would be working on. He really did more with less than any modeler I've ever seen.

Nazgul

Sadly, Robin passed away before I came to The Gauge, so I never had the pleasure to meet him, virtually or otherwise...but his influence is still felt very keenly by all of us who marvel at his "magic" and more importantly, marvel at the genuine affection and respect that his memory evokes in all who knew him. I guess it is fitting that his creations have found their way all over the world just as his memory still echos and reverberates here on The Gauge. I have learned a lot from Robin, but the most important lesson has nothing to do with model railroading, it has to do with living.
Robin, you are sorely missed, even by those who never had the privilege of meeting you.

UP SD40-2

Nazgul said:
Sadly, Robin passed away before I came to The Gauge, so I never had the pleasure to meet him, virtually or otherwise...but his influence is still felt very keenly by all of us who marvel at his "magic" and more importantly, marvel at the genuine affection and respect that his memory evokes in all who knew him. I guess it is fitting that his creations have found their way all over the world just as his memory still echos and reverberates here on The Gauge. I have learned a lot from Robin, but the most important lesson has nothing to do with model railroading, it has to do with living.
Robin, you are sorely missed, even by those who never had the privilege of meeting you.
Steve, VERY WELL SAID!:thumb: i too never had the pleasure to converse with Robin, but Catt, i think the buildings you have look FANTASTIC, and you are VERY FORTUNATE to have them;).

joesho

yup i never had met him either, but ive got insparation and wonder from seeing and looking though his work, he passed away not even a year befor i joined,Robin I

joesho

yup i never had met him either, but ive got insparation and wonder from seeing and looking though his work, he passed away not even a year befor i joined,Robin I respect

joesho

yup i never had met him either, but ive got insparation and wonder from seeing and looking though his work, he passed away not even a year befor i joined,Robin I respect and honor you and your skills, even though i never met you. opps tripple post sorry modds plz delete 2

Iron Goat

Like a lot of other members, I never had the privilege of meeting Robin but he was certainly a guiding presence on our forum. He was always willing to share his ideas, techniques, and how to's with everyone.

His passing left a void that is still felt today..... and as final tributes go, that's a pretty good one !

Bob

jmarksbery

I miss him also and refer to him quite often, he was a master craftsman. He build a gold mine and named it for me, sure wish I had received it to honor him. :cry:
Jim