Got That Erie Feeling

This is the Erie caboose kit that I've been wrapped up with lately. Because the riveted and welded steel side versions of this crummy were only available in brass, I jumped on the opportunity to get one as a styrene kit. I still have a couple of parts to hang on and some touch-up to do, but it's 95% complete.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Russ, I don't see the two pics either. Didn't the reply editor complain when you attached your pics?

Cid, relax, it isn't your 'pooter which is acting up. :D :D :D

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi,
The reason it won't show up is because you are trying to take it off your hard-drive.

D:\Russ' File\Model RR\Erie Caboose Kit.JPG[/img]

Also, I doubt it would have worked anyway as the \ needs to be replaced with / (Hope you don't mind me saying this)

All you need do is use the browser here to upload a file from your hard-drive. No more than 70 bytes per photo.
cheers
Shamus

Thanks for the comments, crew!

The Erie built a couple of series of these cabeese right after the war in the 40s, first in riveted side steel and then in welded side steel. I can't for the life of me remember Erie cabooses when growing up next to the mainline, but I'm sure I saw these at some time. :rolleyes: This was a tough kit to build because of the lousy instructions and illustrations and the herald decals were dried out and cracked. :curse: Fortunately, I know of the small operation that made them and ordered a fresh set. I tossed the instructions out near the end and worked off of photographs in my book library. The quality of the parts, both styrene and etched metal, is superb though. This kit is a must for Erie RR modelers...it's too bad that the manufacturer didn't realize the importance of drawings and instuctions. :(

Thanks again, guys! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Russ :sleeping: