Got Some More Projects this weekend

C&O Fan

I made it to a train show at Upper Marboro, MD this past weekend. It was pretty good with quite a few vendors selling everything from junkers to new stuff. Here are some of the things I ended up taking home:

Varney Plastic hopper (it still has the loop/hook couplers):

Attachments

• camera 784_1.jpg
    camera 784_1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 148

C&O Fan

Wood Boxcar. I'm not sure if this one was scratchbuilt on a toy car chassis, or was a craftsman kit. It has talgo trucks which will have to be remedied.

Attachments

• camera 790_1.jpg
    camera 790_1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 146

C&O Fan

Another boxcar with some fire damage. It appeard to mab be scratchbuilt, but the coupler boxes say Varney. I liked the looks of it, so I picked it up.

Attachments

• camera_1.jpg
    camera_1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 141

C&O Fan

One more, a 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler. I got it in pieces for $10, and got a new Cal-scale front pilot thrown in. It is made be Rivarossi for AHM. The motor does run.

Attachments

• camera 791_1.jpg
    camera 791_1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 141

jim currie

looks like you will be doing a bit of rebulding:) the box car if it has metal ends looks like a old melgow? kit.

Ray Marinaccio

Nice lot of oldies.
I've been searching for one of those 10 wheelers in HO scale.
I have 2 O scale ones and am searching for the motorizing kits to power them.
If you can't find parts let us know. someone here may have them.

N

nachoman

that burnt boxcar - take the couplers off and set it as junk in near your yard. It looks unbelievably real to me :)

kevin

C&O Fan

Thanks everyone:) . The rods did come with the locomotive. At this point, I believe the biggest thing that would help me right now is an exploded drawing of the rod assemblies. I started work on the Varney hopper, and started posting its progress in Scratchin and Bashin. Thanks again.

Gil Finn

Some of those are excellant examples of dicards or junk when well placed on the layout, others look great parked at a siding. Very natural looking

Gil Finn

Some of those are excellant examples of discards or junk when well placed on the layout, others look great parked at a siding. Very natural looking

Drew1125

I love finding some of those "junk lots" at shows & swap meets! One man's trash is another mon's treasure! :thumb:

Gary S.

I agree. So far, my favorite part of the hobby is finding a bunch of old junk rolling stock for cheap and then either fixing them up to good running condition, or chopping them up and using the parts for scratchbuilding. Anybody got a bunch of junk they want to sell me for cheap?