Google search tip

davelant

There's really no need for a members list, when we have google. For example, if you google "sillywizard" and "zealot", some of the top hits are for posts I have made here, and I have made very few. Given that, you can link back to the post, click on the name, and voila!. You are ready to send a private message, if you like.

If you are curious about the admins, go to

http://www.zealot.com/latest_posts.php

and off to the left you will see a list of all the registered users online. The admins come up in red; I have only seen "sanjay" and "maico_shark" in my short time here.

Given that most of us have rather distinctive usernames, and re-use them on various sites, google will also lead you to their other homes. Some members I wanted to contact here, who weren't answering their PM's, I have been able to track down to their youtube page, their deviantart page, their camaro forum, etc.

The internet is really cool, and you can work around almost any inconvenience.

davelant

It provides the functionality of a members list. You can search out anyone by their user name, find their zealot posts, go to their profile page, PM them, contact them ,friend them, etc. Is there some other capability that a functional members list would provide? It's not as though you can do mass mailings with PM, since we are not allowed to send "carbon copies" to multiple members. It is inconvenient not to have a members list, and I have no idea of why it was taken away, but I can't think of anything that I could do with it that I can't do now.

And, as I pointed out, since zealot posts are freely viewable by all, it is possible to follow threads and contact members without even signing up as a member.

Mountain Man

Yet the function of a members list is provide the names in the first place. Unless you already know the name, Google won't provide you with one; therefore, only the active posters can be tracked, whereas most forums have many more members than just the active posters.

davelant

I see your point, but it's not impossible to find member names--it's just tedious to go through the 661,000 posts. The posts don't expire; they're still there, I think. I've seen some all the way back to the year 2000. Given the will, I don't see why anyone couldn't harvest all the member names from this group. Just an awful lot of trouble.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Revell-Fan