google mail service (gmail) invites anyone???

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
come on, a gig of storage and an awsome interface

it does anything that you could want a webmail service to do...

i got 100 invites, if anyone wants one, i'll send one, just give me your e-mail address

www.gmail.com

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
In one of Kim Komando's newsletters, she said you don't need an "invite" to Google email anymore. She gave a link, but I didn't copy it. Somehow, like trainworm, I just don't need another email address and I wouldn't know what to do with all that storage anyway. I never used more than 10% when Yahoo gave you 10 meg. Now they give you 1 gig, I never get up to 1%. I guess I gotta start downloading movies or music, just that I can't find anything suitable for the over 65 crowd to download..:D:D

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
ezdays said:
In one of Kim Komando's newsletters, she said you don't need an "invite" to Google email anymore. She gave a link, but I didn't copy it. Somehow, like trainworm, I just don't need another email address and I wouldn't know what to do with all that storage anyway. I never used more than 10% when Yahoo gave you 10 meg. Now they give you 1 gig, I never get up to 1%. I guess I gotta start downloading movies or music, just that I can't find anything suitable for the over 65 crowd to download..:D:D

are you talking about the invite spooler?? last time i checked that, it wasn't spooling anymore

ScottyB

Dec 12, 2004
Mount Pleasant, WI
If you are concerened at all about internet privacy, you may want to avoid Gmail. Read this article for more info.

Basically, Google can keep your e-mail, even after you delete it or close your account. No big deal? How about in a few years when Google's servers get hacked and they now can access every bit of info in your e-mail. Online purchases, passwords, and everything else.

The downside of web surfing is so many people just click right past the Terms and Conditions without reading it.

Just FYI...

Scott

edit -- here's more info with alternatives suggested in section 4.1

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CavlrZ said:
are you talking about the invite spooler?? last time i checked that, it wasn't spooling anymore
Don't know what the "invite spooler" is. All I know is that Kim mentioned in one of her newsletters that you don't need an invite anymore and gave a link to go directily to the Gmail signup. Again, I didn't pay attention since I don't need yet another email address and really don't care about 2 gig of storage either.

Incidentally, I consider my Yahoo address as disposable and use it on forums, for newletters, on newsgroups and other public places, so I don't collect much email there.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
ScottyB said:
If you are concerened at all about internet privacy, you may want to avoid Gmail. Read this article for more info.

Basically, Google can keep your e-mail, even after you delete it or close your account. No big deal? How about in a few years when Google's servers get hacked and they now can access every bit of info in your e-mail. Online purchases, passwords, and everything else.

The downside of web surfing is so many people just click right past the Terms and Conditions without reading it.

Just FYI...

Scott

edit -- here's more info with alternatives suggested in section 4.1

thats pretty interesting!

i also read that AOL instant messenger's policy states that the users surrender all copyrights and information that is sent over AIM... if you send copyrighted photos or even a book or transcript, they are legally allowed to reproduce your work and everything....

when i do anything that involves money or personal stuff, i use my other address, my google mail is mainly my e-mail for friends, forums, and newsletters.... i have a .edu that i use for important stuff and the address that came with my ISP