Google Images help for backdrop details

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I wanted to add a few details to my backdrop to help create the illusion of depth and also to cover a couple of small spots where the masonite had been damaged after I removed some unconvincing roof top water towers I'd made.

I simply typed in "Water Towers" and later "Water Tanks" to get several pages of photos. Only a few were suitable but I think thye worked out well. I printed them, cut them out, and glued them to my backdrop.

Here is a large water tower with an unreadable town name that looked good to me as a fixture for my cement plant

Attachments

• 5-29-2007-08.jpg
    5-29-2007-08.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 24

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
The images come in all sorts of sizes. I really liked the collection of small building water towers clustered together on the left. The large silver one on the right was actually a very large tower that a train could roll under in the original photo but once it was cut out it worked well on top of this building.

Attachments

• 5-29-2007-22.jpg
    5-29-2007-22.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 7

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Finally here is a community water tower supposedly in the distance behind this structure. I thought the redish building and the tower looked good together....
Oh, the large brown building tothe right is another Google image from a while ago...I believe I searched under the words "warehouse"

Attachments

• 5-29-2007-23.jpg
    5-29-2007-23.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW!!!:eeki: FANTASTIC IDEA RALPH!:mrgreen: i think the images you added REALLY fit in, and help make the scene:up: GREAT JOB!:up: :mrgreen: -Deano

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
Finally here is a community water tower supposedly in the distance behind this structure. I thought the redish building and the tower looked good together....
Oh, the large brown building tothe right is another Google image from a while ago...I believe I searched under the words "warehouse"

Hey I have that same warehouse on my backdrop. I am not sure if it is a permanent fixture yet or not but until i get some more real buildings built up it will work. :)