Good place for custom train work?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CRed, Jun 9, 2007.

1. CRed

CRed Member

I went to my LHS today and picked up his last set of DM&IR SD40-3 #416/418 Gopher Scheme decals and was wondering if there's a good place to go for custom paint/decal and detail work.I'm going to pick up a undecorated Athearn Genesis SD45-2 to use for it and I want it to look like this....

[​IMG]

I'd appreciate someones help with this.I was going to do it myself,but after looking at the decals and whats involved I decided I better not.

I just noticed,but there's decals to use for the SD38DC also so maybe an undecorated Kato SD38-2 would work.Do they make one though?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. CRed

CRed Member

Here's a picture of engine #416....

[​IMG]

Chris
  3. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I can do it, being a one color scheme it'll only cost you $35 and that includes return shipping.
    My SPGM gallery
  4. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

An SD38DC would not be a good build from and SD38-2 as the -2 chassis is longer.
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I've always liked that arrow scheme!
    Ralph
  6. CRed

CRed Member

How about details,do you do those also?I don't know what it all will need added,but I know it will need all weather windows.It might also need wipers and or all the cables and hoses,I'm not sure what the Genesis SD45-2 will have in that way.When I pick up one of the SD45-2's I'll get a hold of you and we'll talk.I'm trying to decide whether I want to get the sound version or not and I'm not sure they're available yet.

Chris
  7. CRed

CRed Member

Me too,I love the arrowhead scheme!I also like the Gopher scheme and the owner of my LHS who happens to be an DM&IR nut says he can't get the decals anymore so I bought his last set.

Chris
  8. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Details, Custom builds, painting, I can even make decals with a few wasted passes. Toss me an email if you're interested:
    josh AT blockchoice.com