Gone fishin?

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
That was one of Alco's early attempts at an amphibious loco. If they could have prefected it they figured it would have saved them a ton of $$$$$$$$ as they would never have to build or maintain any more bridges or trestles! :D :p :D :rolleyes: :D

I think that Alco found that the Aqua-train was a little too heavy to make money. It could only carry one passenger and even then, sitting on the tender is not my idea of riding in style.

OK, it'd be more fun than should be legal, but you'd better have a set of clean clothes to change into when the ride ends. A pair of goggles wouldn't be a bad idea either.:)

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
No, no that's just a member of the Underwater Train Soceity(Yes, this is a real club) showing off again. I am a member of the club myself, but unfortunately the club much like the fire in this engines firebox has about fizzled out. Just to add to the above story, a few years ago a local lake was drained to work on the dam. When the water went down the old townsite built for the workers during the original dam construction was exposed. Along with all the old foundations there was an old 0-4-0 tank engine sitting half sunk in the mud. There was talk of pulling it out and restoring it but I don't know whatever happened to it.