Gondola & Flat car loads

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Someone on the HO section was asking about loads so I posted this. Thought my fellow Optivisor wearin' N scalers would like to see them too. The first one has debris in it (2 pics), the second one has a scratch built machinery load with a parts crate (2 pics) and the last one is a flat with 2 scratch built crates and an unused tie down strap on the deck (2 pics).
gon1.jpg

gon2.jpg

gon3.jpg

gon4.jpg

flat1a.jpg

flat2a.jpg

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's some really excellent modeling Blake!
I especially like the bent-up sides on the gon...whether you planned that, or it was some kind of "happy accident", it's a great effect, & very prototypical for a veteran frieght car that's had a lot of really heavy stuff slammed down into it...
I think I've said this before, but it's guys like you that have pushed N scale into the realm of "finescale" modeling.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I like...

...the blocking fore and aft of the large cases on the flat car Blake. The load in the gon- well, I like it but the "JGL" apparently transmission parts enroute to the John Galt Line of Gary P. Pfeil must have been painted on with rollers.

As a fellow nitwit, I mean- nitpicker- uh- get a microscope and repaint the tarp so I beleive it's not a billboard. By the way, do they sweep out those gons when they get back to the yard or are my digi-photo-optivisors not working so good not no more?:D

Mark (A concerned guy who needs to build a railroad) :cool: