Going Merry from paper replika

Z

Zathros

It wasn't till I saw the picture of the ship next the apparatus that looks like a computer:)p), that I realized how big that model is! That's really quite a ship !! Looking good too! :)

Z

Zathros

That's a 24" Monitor?!? How long is the Hull of that ship, not including the figurehead?

Z

Zathros

I did not realize it was that big. Definitely a colorful decoration when it's done! :)

b1gy1n

Going Merry

I've been toying with the idea of doing this one for sometime,seeing your efforts have made my mind up to have a go,but will do a test build in plain white to save ink,as its expensive out here in Oman.

Z

Zathros

I've been toying with the idea of doing this one for sometime,seeing your efforts have made my mind up to have a go,but will do a test build in plain white to save ink,as its expensive out here in Oman.

It might look better painted with real paint! Many models do. :)

an update, I have had my time taken by other non paper-modeling related project but I still put a bit of time from now and then. Anyway the shroud is on now

Attachments

• GM avec shroud.jpg
    GM avec shroud.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 14
Z

Zathros

These parts are really giving the ship shape and form. She's really coming together. :)

Finally done

Finally the going merry is finished.
It cannot stay on its stand which is not robust enough and is being reglued one more time but the ship itself is done and I could not resist posting the pictures.
They are a bit grainy as it is late and there is not sufficient light for the iPhone camera.
All in all I am quite happy with the result even though it took me much longer than I expected and there are places where my lack of experience resulted in many repairs. It is not too bad as the going merry is a ship which had a hard life and ended up more and more battered.

Attachments

• going merry final 1.jpg
    going merry final 1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 12
  • going merry final 2.jpg
    going merry final 2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 11
  • going merry final 3.jpg
    going merry final 3.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 13
  • going merry final 4.jpg
    going merry final 4.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10
Amazing! very neat and in a good quality printout. I'll add your photos at my site gallery (paper-replika.com), thanks for sharing this.

Z

Zathros

terinecold, you made Julescrafter's gallery! Congratulations!! I don't know if you realize how much of an honor that is! Very cool!. You did a great job and this ship will remind you of many things that happened at this time of your life. Well done! :)

I'm a little late to this one, but it is a very nice build and a sizeable one to add to the collection. Congratulations on making it to the Gallery as well.

Z

Zathros

I was really surprised how big this ship was too. Perfect for lego dudes! :)