Goin' Down Under

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Although I'm not a prolific poster here, I do jump in once in a while, so I thought I should let you know that I'm going to Australia for three weeks (hope to see Bob Collins and others while there). I will have a computer with me, but don't know how much I may be able to get on line, and especially on The Gauge. See you when I get back.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
That's a long way to go David. Where are all the places in Australia are you going to visit? I have two aunts and cousins living in Woy Woy and hope to visit them one day.

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Have a great trip DAVE, hope you have time to take a train ride some super places to see, ULURA, also known as AYERS ROCK, MT. Conner and Wave Rock among many others. Hope you have a digital camera, a couple of 128MB cards extra Ni-MH batteries and an multi volt charger. Would like to see some posted photos when you get back from Down Under.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Australia Trip

Ok. Just to try to answer some of the comments, briefly.

We are flying to Brisbane for the Rotary International Convention. After that, we fly to Darwin for a few days, and then on to Perth. From Perth, we take the Indian Pacific train back across the country to Adelaide, where we will again spend a few days. Then it's back on the train to Sydney, where we will overnight before returning home. Due back June 23.

This will actually be our third trip down under, and we did all the "tourist things", like Ayers Rock and the Great Barrier Reef before. This time we want to see some of the rest of the country.

I do have a digital camera and expect to use it lots. The only problem will be sorting out all the pictures when I get home <g>.

Will try to get on line as much as possible, but don't know until I get there what the possibilities will be.