Goderich Station & GEXR Locos

RobertInOntario

I had a chance to visit the railway station in Goderich again this weekend (actually, I went to both of them, including the old CPR one).

I was able to see the station that is up for sale, that is next to the GEXR tracks. My son and I also looked at the four diesels parked nearby. At least one (the F unit) looked as if it still ran, but the others looks a bit run down. There were two GP-39s, one GP-9 and one [that I think was] and F unit.

I took pics which I could post later.

Rob

RobertInOntario

Pics uploaded

OK, here is a pic of the Goderich station as well as some of the diesels I saw. It actually looks as if one of the GP-38s and the F unit (if that's what it is) are still being used.

I'm curious to learn more about these locos (i.e. if that blue/gold/silver loco really is an F unit) or if you have any info or comments.

Thanks!
Rob

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
The station is still for sale?

That's great, I think...! I guess it means that "they" (the town?) are sticking to their plan to keep it relatively intact. I think I read somewhere that the "repurposing" of the building is quite limited - no converting to a home or resturant or B&B.

Andrew

RobertInOntario

The station is still for sale?
That's great, I think...! I guess it means that "they" (the town?) are sticking to their plan to keep it relatively intact. I think I read somewhere that the "repurposing" of the building is quite limited - no converting to a home or resturant or B&B.
Andrew

Well, it still was for sale so it sounds encouraging. I still think there's a lot of potential for the site if the right buyer(s) came along. Thanks, Rob

Triplex

I'm curious to learn more about these locos (i.e. if that blue/gold/silver loco really is an F unit) or if you have any info or comments.
That's an FP9. It's one of only a handful of F-units still in revenue freight service.

RobertInOntario

That's an FP9. It's one of only a handful of F-units still in revenue freight service.

Thanks! That makes sense about the F unit. One reason I was intrigued to stop and look at it for awhile was because you hardly ever see them these days. Take care, Rob