Go directly to Jail

I've looked all over for an Old West type jail but didn't find much. I finally settled on a Rocky's Tavern by WS. I substituted bars in the window for the advertising decals. For my first white metal kit, I think it turned out ok. Most of the work was in the painting. I downloaded a pic of an interior jail shot from a movie set and installed it inside as an interior viewblock. I also added a couple of wanted posters but they're so small you can barely make them out. A little more chalk weathering and a shot of dullcoat and I'll be ready for my first "guests".
Doc

Attachments

• jail.jpg
    jail.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68

Will_annand

Looks great Doc :thumb: You did an awesome job on the painting. :wave:
Remember, stick to Sasparilla and you won't find yourself waking up in there. :D

Doc - if it is any use to you, I have a book called "Cut and assemble A Wertern Frontier Town" by Edmund V Gillon Jnr. 10 Picturesque Full-Color Buildings in HO Scale. It is mint and published by Dover. It is heavy Card Stock in full color. One of the items in there is a Sherrif's Office and Jail. Quote "Except for the addition of the porch, this two-cell jail with watchman's area, is an exact rendering of the Silver Plume Jail, Silver Plume, Colorado."
If you want to pay shipping from UK to USA it's yours. Email me direct at chacmool at lineone dot net if you are interested.
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

belg

Doc, this is the same kit I'm working on I'm waiting for my paint to cure before moving on. What did you use to join the pieces? This is my first metal kit. It seems a little to small for HO scale don't you think?? Pat

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A neat structure and paint job Doc. Do you have any LPBs to go along with the scene?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's brilliant use of that little building! The bar with bars! :) Nice job!
Ralph

Thanks for the kind words.

Pat,
I used a gel-form of super glue (CA) from my LHS. The hardest part of the whole thing was glueing the sides together. They didn't really fit too well. I had to do a lot of filing and clean up of the casting. The castings don't have any totally flat sides to I couldn't use my normal techniques to get the corners square while gluing. I had to eye-ball it. Guess my eyes aren't what they used to be. One hint, make sure to align the bottoms of all four walls. The top of the rear wall is lower than the sides. I matched the tops and had to break it apart and reglue.

Robin,
I've got about 100-125 lpbs I've bought that fit my era, including cowboys, cattle, horses, town folk, etc.. Most are unpainted so far. I'll most likely have the local sheriff dozing on the front boardwalk with his feet up while a couple of local desperados break one of their gang out through the back.
Doc