GN Signalling

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by ClarkW, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ClarkW

ClarkW New Member

Howdy,

I am thinking about adding block detection and signalling to my layout. I am looking at signals from South Bend Signal Company. They have single bulb single target, multiple target, 2 bulb and 3 bulb single and multiple target signals.

My layout is loosly (very loosly) Great Northern from the 1950s. I remember the GN coming through town vividly, but don't remember anything about the signalling. I have searched the internet, and this site for GN Signalling information, and not had much luck.

Can you give me some hints/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ClarkW
  2. nolatron

nolatron Member

Sorry, I don't have answer for you, but wow, I never heard of this company before. Looked 'em up and they have some pretty decent looking signals for cheap! Only $17 for a single target n-scale signal. Nice.
  3. ClarkW

ClarkW New Member

Signals

Shaun,

I have seen them at the local train show, and they really do look nice. I was most interested in the HO units, and the signals (both main line and crossing signals) really looked nice.

ClarkW
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Clark, do you belong to a GN or BN historical society? They might be able to give you a more difinitive answer than we could here on the Gauge unless someone here is a BN prototype modeler.