Glueing Foam Board to Benchwork

zachary

yeah ill second jim krausses opion on gorrila glue its what i used to glue my base layer down with ill never use the stuff again from now on im useing th4e cheapest latex caulk i can find in the store walmart is the closest store to me use that and youll have no problems sorry for the long post till nxt time zachary

I use hot glue!
I'm too impatient to wait for regular glue to dry! Just be careful you don't melt the foam too much...bad toxic fumes result! Be sure to have plenty of ventilation.

I used Elmer's, it works fine.
Same here, good old white glue is cheap and seems to stick well as i used it all over my layout for anything thats not "structural" glue blue foam to pink and both to wood without any trouble so far, does take a while to dry large sections as the foam does not breathe. clamping or weighting is best too.
picture059.jpg

DrGeologist

Canadian Down Under
I use liquid nails, and it works great. In fact, I'm in the process of trying to remove some foam sheets now, and it's proving to be a very tough job.

I like using a hot glue gun to fix foam incline set to the foam board. If I want the incline to be curved, I pin into place and use hot glue in the groves in the incline... agin, very very firm.

sgtcarl

Thanks for all your input, guys. I was just curious about gorilla glue because I got some at a HUGE discount at Lowes. I haven't tried it on anything, yet, though because my wood shop lost power quite some time back. wall1:eek:ops:wall1:eek:ops:

jbaakko

I've use Elmer's Glue-all, but have recently switched to adhesive caulk for everything (foam, roadbed, track, roads, ect!).

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Im impressed with the Liquid Nails for Projects and its ability to not come up easily. The foam is securely in place to my shelf's and cannot be moved at all. I used the stuff to glue the WS Foam Roadbed down as well. This holds nicely too. I did however glue some down with the Liquid Nails stuff and discovered it was in the wrong place a few days after i had done so, I was able to pull the roadbed up and get it all off INTACT with no damage done to the roadbed. I was amazed, i thoght forsure that that part of the roadbed was done for and trash, but i was wrong, and the Liquid Nails was still on the foam base. I tryed to peal it up, and to my suprise it came up quite easily and nicely. It does take some effort to pull the adhesive off the foam, but its durrable, yet if you make a mistake and glue something down in the wrong spot with it, its not like you cant un-do it with some effort and salvage whatever it was.

All around, i love Liquid Nails for Projects, and at a little over a $1.50 a tube, its well worth it.

I use WS Foam Track Glue to glue down my track to the roadbed and use the WS Foam Track Pins to hold the track in place while the stuff dries, usually only takes between 30 mins and an hour. Once that stuff dries, it not easy to get up and holds really well.