Glue ??

Tim K

I picked up a couple unbuilt cars and was wondering what is the best glue to use , CA , model glue ?

Thanks
Tim K

MilesWestern

I use the Model Master (testors) in the black diamond shaped bottle. It offers better bondage, not as odorferous, and with the needle point tip, way more accurate than the blue tube stuff.

Pooh Bah
Tim what are they made of? And how confident are you of how you'll put them together?
I like liquid glues like Testors for plastic, although I've had to use ones with more body occasionally.
Carpenter's glue for wood kits.
Epoxy for white metal castings, also for wood+metal kits. Goo for wood+metal as well.
Carpenter's glue for cardboard.

ezdays

Out AZ way
The model cement is actually the thin watery cement in a thick filler. Both actually glue by chemically melting the plastic and bonding it like a weld. There are two advantages of using the thick stuff, one is if you have uneven surfaces the glue tends to fill in the gaps. Secondly, it doesn't dry quite a quickly so you have a bit more time to adjust the parts. The bad part of that is that it globs and can leave a messy joint.

The others are right, I think using the thin cement results in a much better looking job, the problem is that if I don't use it in a very (emphasises on "very") well ventilated room with exhaust fans, I get a reaction to the fumes very quickly. :curse: That's the only down side I see.:rolleyes:

Tim K

Cars a mainly plastic and I should have little problem building them , but if I do
I know were to come for help.

Thanks

Tim K