Gloster Gladiator by Maly

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by mor54, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mor54

mor54 Member

Hello everyone,

Whant to shear with you one of my oldest model, that I renovated lately. It is a 1992 1-33 Maly model of the Gloster Gladiator Mk.2.

[​IMG]

At that time, Maly's camouflage colors and printing was infamous for its "quality", as can bs seen.

[​IMG]

After finishing the Mirage III model, I decided to tray and repaint it. I chose a mk.1 Gladiator while serving 73 squadron in 1938, having a three view drawing of it absolutely helped.

[​IMG]

For repainting I used a metalic silver painet, and her are the results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Detailing of the engine by scratchbuilding the cylinders, as seen in the front view picture.

[​IMG]

This aircraft in the same colors as the model, can be seen in air shows in Europe (pictures dounloaded from the internet).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shalom Mor
  2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Looks fantastic, but I think that you didn't choose the proper color for the engine.
  3. exzealot

exzealot Member

The Gladiator looks great! Those old Maly models had printing and color issues, but I like them for the "fun factor", and the paper is good for rolling and gluing. I admire your courage in painting your model silver. Turned out very good.

Ken
  4. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Looks great, what an improvement.:wave:
  5. mor54

mor54 Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest and kind responce. Actually I like the metal color aircradt of the 30's, some of them are very colorful. Planing to do some more in the future, my to do list is changing all the time.

So many models, so short time to build them ....

Shalom Mor
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Mor

Great job! I'm going to have to find this one to build........ but I think I'll scan it and maybe recolor.

john