Gloom y Doom

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Got a couple rolls back from the photoshop today, and couldn't resist posting these. Certainly nowhere near the work of most others on this board, but I like the way they turned out gloomy, as if it was a dark, cloudy day.

PS - the orange "film cannisters" in front will eventually be a refueling station. I already have them decaled, now need to weather them.

Attachments

• hlcx2056androper.jpg
    hlcx2056androper.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 132

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
lol kitbashing? me? now that's funny.

seriously though, i'm nowhere near kitbashing yet; i haven't even detailed any locos that i own, never mind super-detailing 'em.

The F40PH in the top pic is a repainted/lettered dummy unit, now belonging to HELM Financial (the tan/black/green paint job is courtesy of the now defunct Reckless & Veiled Railroad, whom my layout is named after). Originally received as a powered Life-Like Amtrak unit that sucked from the get-go (hand-me-down from my brother), so I stripped all the gears to convert it to a dummy.

The front ROCK (#5884) is a Pemco SD35; the second (#4425) a Bachmann U36B.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mike,
It was the multicolor paint job that made me think it was a kitbash. You're right about the regular LifeLike product line. On the other hand the Heritage series 2-8-8-2's I have are the sweetest running steam locos I've ever seen.