Glass Train Station

modelmaker9

Hello everyone, I am just doing some research before I begin Building, it is going to be an N scale train station and a seperate industrial area with an upper ICE train. For the train station, I want to do one of the glass ones like they have in Germany, Here are some examples:
germany1.jpg
Mowi4.jpg

I am either going to scratchbuild it with styrene or brass or Modify an existing kit, any more reference images or anything would help. just post whatever you can find. thanks.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
It would probably be easier to use plexiglass, or clear styrene, and glue styrene thin strips to it to make the window frame. As much as I like scratchbuilding, I wouldn't want to try to fit pieces of clear styrene to individual frames.
Thats a lot of windows.....Make for a nice modern model though.
Keep us posted.

Jim Krause

A lot of commercial models for architects, display etc. are built from plexiglas. Brick paper overlays or something similar can be used as needed. If you want tinted glass effects, plexiglas comes in all shades. You can use narrow trim tape for your window dividers. If there is a professional model shop that does work for architectural and engineering firms, near you, you may be able to take a tour and get some ideas about scratchbuilding. You can make a career of this type of modeling if you are interested. The pay isn't great but its sure fun. Ask me how I know.