Girls like trains?

Just found out were having a girl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy sonogram looks like shes healthy, it's just that I think I got to sell my trains or paint them pink.

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Iron Goat

Don't sell or paint just yet... I have four grand daughters, and they are all crazy about trains and model railroading (out of our three grandsons, only one likes model trains... figure that one out !). Just get her a "pink" drivers hat....

Congratulations on your new engineer !

Bob :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

shaygetz

My little girl + a Digitrax DT400 radio throttle + 2 E8s, 10 cars and a schedule to keep...'nuff said:thumb:

Attachments

• generations.jpg
    generations.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 232

zedob

It's not a matter of gender, it's a matter of whether they're interested.

My grandaughter,... uh daughter, loves trains also. In fact, she is my "extra" driving inspiration because she is always asking me about running my trains. However, she could have very well been totally uninterested, but luckily for me, I have an enthusiast that makes me feel like it is all worth it. :thumb:

Then again, even if she didn't like MRRing, I'd still be in to it and I'll still love her just as much.:D

Shaygetz, that is an awsume helix shot. Is that little girl in charge?

shaygetz

zedob said:
Shaygetz, that is an awsume helix shot. Is that little girl in charge?

Yes she is, from yard to yard, Daddy only does the switching:thumb: Our train is just out of sight on an outer track. The helix at the club is quite a piece of work, boasting 4 tracks and over 400 feet of track. Come by on a run night when we've got 4 trains on it, 2 up, 2 down with a 5th coming in from the top and a sixth coming in from the bottom---woo hoo:thumb: I'm sure the guys involved in its construction will appreciate your kind words.

MCL_RDG

Just means...

...you'll have more time for humping diapers instead of your..., well- let's just say

Best of congratulations to you and yours:)

Pink Ribbons abound- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgurgles-sweetnessxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgurgles-sweetnessxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgurgles-sweetness XXXX xxxx- oops- time to change!

Best regards,

Mark

zedob

shaygetz said:
Yes she is, from yard to yard, Daddy only does the switching:thumb: Our train is just out of sight on an outer track. The helix at the club is quite a piece of work, boasting 4 tracks and over 400 feet of track. Come by on a run night when we've got 4 trains on it, 2 up, 2 down with a 5th coming in from the top and a sixth coming in from the bottom---woo hoo:thumb: I'm sure the guys involved in its construction will appreciate your kind words.

That is definitely a work of art. Quite impressive, 4 tracks. Kudos to the club members who built it.:thumb:

Lisap

Don't Change a thing, I'm a girl( last time I looked any way) and I love my trains even more than my three sons do so hold on to those trains ( or give me a call HA< HA) until you know for sure if she's interested, If you encourage it enough I think she'll love them.(all that stuff about daddy's little girl is true!)

Lisap

Papa Bear

My step-daughter likes trains. She even watches the real ones go by our house. She does pretty well running the trains on my layout and is less destructive than my nephews are.

pennman

Girls $ Trains

My wife models trains with me and My mom was the one who kept me hppked in trains the scale has changed from my granddad and mom but we still all model and now my daughter is interested and I'm hoping my grand daughter will be the same way.
Just remeber lionel made a pink train just for girls
CON GRATS ON THE NEW BABY

Jules Winnfield

I married a beautiful Itallian girl...She loves trains, works on cars ,does plumbing,electrical,drywall...installed my double wide garage door,does cement work and on and on and on.She spent alot of time with her dad growing up!(hint,hint)sign1
By the way did I mention that she is an excellent cook,seamstress and Is a very feminine looking Mediteranian STUNNER!:thumb:

Play-Doh

Jules Winnfield said:
I married a beautiful Itallian girl...She loves trains, works on cars ,does plumbing,electrical,drywall...installed my double wide garage door,does cement work and on and on and on.She spent alot of time with her dad growing up!(hint,hint)sign1
By the way did I mention that she is an excellent cook,seamstress and Is a very feminine looking Mediteranian STUNNER!:thumb:

Does she have a sister? sign1

Don't paint or trash 'em. Your daughter may just end up being interested in the set in time.

My wife enjoys building models too! She gets a kick out of the HO stuff I make and encourages my Madness!:D

And the stock version she did of a 1957 Chev Bel Aire looks really neat with the flame job.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Congrats on the new engin.........Uh...uh....Little girl.
Lets all not forget spitfire(Val). And my Better_Half likes modeling too.....As long as she's not doing the work....

Russ Bellinis

I met a lady once who is a member of a local model railroad club. Her biggest disappointment growing up in the 1950's was that no one would let her have trains until Lionel came out with the girls set in pinks and pastels, and she hated that set because she wanted something more prototypical looking. If you don't think girls like trains, in addition to the ones mentioned by other members here, pick up one of Cynthia Priest's books on the Santa Fe.

Herc Driver

I've got five kids (three girls, two boys) and they all enjoy trains. My oldest girl even wanted here own engine (a green one - BN of course) and my littlest girl is quite adept at plucking one car off the layout as the train goes around. So congrats on the girl and as you can see - she's already got you wrapped around her finger, and that is where you're going to stay.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
My two girls (2 & 5) are into trains. The older one has her own projects to work on at the workbench, and she likes driving the trains and blowing the whistle. We go the various railway museums as a father-daughter expedition. She drew my avatar! (Which is Thomas, in case you can't make it out... ;) )

Andrew

pennman

Girls and trains

I was recently at a gathering in Nashville, And you would be surprised at how many daddy daughter teams and even Mommy daughter teams where at the N show. I can tell you this though I know when I take my daughter to the shows she always manages to wiggle what ever she wants out of me..sign1