Ghostbuster proton pack and props

nachtinis

Mar 17, 2010
For the lighted dome in the Giga Meter, I used a childrens rotating light toy.
Ive seen a few at the local wal mart.
Attached is a link to the item.
http://www.gotparty.com/flashing_ball.htm
What it has is a motor that rotates a led array when the switch is hit.
The link is an example but ive fount variations on these all over the place, also they seem to pop up at all the carnivals and theme parks ive been to lately.

fury101

Aug 5, 2007
Wow, thats some nice work :) Im particularly interested in the Cyberman Armour.

Just a thought but i do lots of work using depron (model aircraft normally) which ranges from 1mm - 6mm in thickness.

I have used paper model plans in the past to create depron models but i never thought about covering them to make them stronger and smoother.

How easy is fibreglass tissue to work with? I have never attempted fibreglassing before but i am sorely tempted to try a depron/fibreglass version of the Cyber armour. (I already have visions of turning up at my local nightclub in it LOL)

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Jixton

Jul 19, 2010
Wish I'd discovered this before I built my Proton pack out of WOOD!!!! The thing weighs a tonn ( Feels like it, anyway )

I might give this a try actually, just to see how it compares with the one I've built already.

@Heroking.. This pack is based off the movie, as the animated series only has 3 red lights on the Cyclotron.

Just one question. In the image shown of the partly built/painted pack, the N-Filter on the Cyclotron was on the packs left side, and not on the right side, as is in the movie.... Is that how these paper plans has it positioned, or was this personal choice?

I guess what I'm asking is: 'Does the builder get to choose where the N-filter goes?'

And finally....Just out of curiosity... was there any reason to model the PKE meter from the Animated series, yet the pack/thrower and trap on the movies? Or was this again, just personal choice?

Not a criticism, just curious.

The models, BTW are awesome looking!!! :)

tk3470

Apr 20, 2010
phoenix Arziona
Any chance of getting the password for the pack? It is set larger then the normal paper 8.5 by 11 is what I have a ton of card stock for hard to find the other stuff in Arizona

wolfie

Nov 7, 2010
Decent model of the Proton Pack MovieMan - are you going to model the Cyclotron shock mount arm ? My downloads were uncolored - no big deal if you paint it - but I needed some high quality labels to detail the Pack - and couldn't find any otw - so I'm creating some semi-high resolution ones and wondered if anyone else wanted them.

Attachments

• Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 208

Namrepus221

Dec 4, 2010
dang these are cool. I hope I get good enough ot try and build this thing at full scale.

I wonder how difficult it would be to put LED's in this thing

wolfie

Nov 7, 2010
New Arm-mounted Proton Pack

I'm still creating all the rest of the labels - let me know if I should put the high quality full-size labels in the download area for anyone else

meanwhile I ran across this sketch of the arm-mounted Proton Pack created for the New Ghostbusters Movie.

Now this is a great idea for you 3D gurus to unfold a quality model of this sweet device.

Pretty-please !

Attachments

• armpack.jpg
    armpack.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 24

ashal2

Feb 25, 2011
wow just wow I'm impressed cant wait to see more of the cyberman looking forward to making a proton pack