Ghost Busters!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Vic - Ya mean Santa's dead??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Richanrdo - I've never seen anything quite like it myself. I've shot 1000 photo's with this camera, and who knows how many with the last.

Val - I had the camera in the van with windows down for quite a while before shooting. I would be surprised if it were condensation, since the next shot was clear a minute later. I've shot so many photo's under similar and even much more extreme conditons and this has only happened once. Now, honestly, Val, does this look like condesation? :D :D :D

Attachments

• ghost3.jpg
    ghost3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 135

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon.I am a amateur paranormal investigator-something I usually keep to myself and known only to a rather select local group of local paranormal investigators and very few others..So therefore I am very investigative and must be cautious even though I get caught up in the first few minutes of excitement.

Now by blowing up your picture I believe our ghost is nothing more then a wisp of diesel fumes..

Attachments

• ghost3.jpg
    ghost3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 130

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Jon, just remember that the SUPERnatural is just natural phenomenon that science hasn't figured out yet. We think we know it all, but I'm sure that there are lots left to discover.

Brakie, if it were deisel fumes wouldn't Jon have seen it with the naked eye?

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Clark,I am not sure..However I do have the the head investigator
of the group I am a member of coming over to look over the picture he has 36 years of paranormal investigation experience..
I have study that picture more since I made that reply-now I am not to sure if I drew the correct conclusion or not..Paranormal investigations is not as easy as it may sound as there is to many variances to consider..Picturers are always questionable still there are many that can not be explain away as a fog,cigarette smoke,smoke,fumes,camera strap,hair on the lens,inverted light,dry ice and so forth..
By no means am I doubting what Jon saids after all he has the pictures and there is something unusual on one picture..I am very happy that he shared that picture with us.:thumb: :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Brakie, love to hear what the others think, and I'd be happy to e-mail the original, unaltered, full sized image. I can't get back to it until Monday :( but be happy too send it then. I agree it could be something explainable. Your's or Val's idea could be plausable, and if it were film, it could be anything. But why the heck couldn't I see it in the LCD? Weird. It was crystal clear.

Also, I think it's cool that you study paranormal. Also that you share that with us. There are a lot of people who want to force their beliefs on others or put down others' beliefs, but the cold fact is, they are just beliefs and no one knows the answer. If we knew the answer, they would be facts and it wouldn't beany fun :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,Don will be over today(Saturday) to look at the picture around 4-5pm..I will let him call the shots on if he wants the picture sent or not he's has the experience and I am still a amateur.I join this group 10 years ago and been on 14 different investigations.Of those 14,3 had paranormal activity 8 was explain as natural phenomenon to include squirrels in the attic and the last 3 still remain under investigation.Our next on site investigation is slated for next Saturday at 2:pM at a local church..Seems like the lights come on during the night,piano music is being heard when no one is about and other unusual activity..
My part in the investigations is that of a sound man..I place highly sensitive tape recorders through out the building to record any activity that might take place such as doors opening,foot steps and voices.
For the record we do not charge for investigations least people think we are frauds nor do we accept donations for the same reason..Nor do we sprinkle holy water through out the building..We will however recommend that a priest bless the house/building IF we think there is a need..

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Originally posted by jon-monon
But why the heck couldn't I see it in the LCD? Weird. It was crystal clear.

That LCD display is not all that great for detail. Imagine trying to focus, as opposed to focusing with an SLR camera.

Also, I think it's cool that you study paranormal. Also that you share that with us. There are a lot of people who want to force their beliefs on others or put down others' beliefs, but the cold fact is, they are just beliefs and no one knows the answer. If we knew the answer, they would be facts and it wouldn't beany fun

Very true!

Val

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,Don needs to know the following things..He will return Sunday around 6:00pm
1 Upper right hand corner-Appears to be a image of a unknown item that appears to have a human form.The red arrow.Black line is a bench mark.What is in that area?
2.What type of camera do you use?
3.Has anything like this ever shown up on any other of your pictures?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon,As of now you have 2 unknown images..

Attachments

• ghost3.jpg
    ghost3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 93

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Brakie, I applaude you and your group and all of the others like them. I truely believe that eventually they will come up with a "rational" solution, just one that science currently is unaware of and dismisses as hoaxes etc.
Quantum physics have discovered that there are eleven dimensions, not just the four that we have been aware of since the beginning. It is no harder to believe in that than it is in the paranormal. The world is a strange and wonderful place and we have a long way to go before we understand all of it.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Originally posted by brakie
Jon,Don needs to know the following things..He will return Sunday around 6:00pm
1 Upper right hand corner-Appears to be a image of a unknown item that appears to have a human form.The red arrow.Black line is a bench mark.What is in that area?
2.What type of camera do you use?
3.Has anything like this ever shown up on any other of your pictures?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon,As of now you have 2 unknown images..

#1 Whooooaaaaaa I did not see that before! Spooky! Well, I have to go back to see what's there, if anything. There certainly wasn't a person there when the pic was taken. I will try to get back there tomorrow before 6, but I can't promise I can make it before Monday noon.

#2 A Minolta Z1 3.2 MegPix Digital. There is no optical veiwfind; only LCD, so it was composed throught the LCD, whis is used to focus manually, and I believe the white foggy stuff would have been easy to see in hte LCD.

#3 Never anyhting even close to this has happened before. I have shot over 1000 photo's with it in similar and adverse conditions. I have never seen any mysterious figures or fog. Never anything shockingor unexpected.

A question for you and/or your friend, Larry, if this is paranormal, would it be likely the same thing would hapen if I returned and took more pictures? And is there anything you would like me to do if I can get back there tomorrow?

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,If this is paranormal activity then there is a good chance you will see those images again..I did not see the "target"(as Don calls them) in the upper right and corner..Don has a magnifying shield he puts on computer monitor's to enlarge images when he magnifies the image and spotted it the first thing as he started the scan of the picture.I will wait on Don and see if he would like for you to take any more pictures and what he has in mind for you to look for.I suspect it would be any small trees and any other thing like rusty pipes leaning against the fence.But by golly that looks more like a image of a man..
Paranormal investigations can be tricky at best and at times very frustrating..You never know what you will get into.We have taped recored voices,foot steps closing doors..Have a video image of what appears to be a lady in the late 1800 dress style.We have several pictures of orbs.One voice that we recorded appears to be a woman saying"Get out of my house!" Another voice that appears to be a man saying "They killed me" plus several other voices or EVPs(Electronic Voice Phenomenon) as we call them.
Then of course you can spends hours on a investigation and come up empty handed or find a natural cause for the "ghostly" sounds including hoaxes.

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
I have also experienced staying in a home where the faucet in the bathroom turned on full blast for no apparent reason. I was staying at a friends house and both nights after shutting out the lights, the faucet in the bathroom just turned on by itself.

It was extremely creepy. The story that my friend told me was that someone had died in that bathroom of a heart attack. I'm not sure if that's the real story, but it almost gave me one (heart attack- that is).

When it comes to ghosts or other entities, I prefer to keep an open mind. I can't prove or disprove their existence, but it seems logical to me that there are other dimensions out there that we are not even aware of. But that's my two cents worth......

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
I'm a little dissapointed to find a wire flower support, that if viewed from th4e angle of the original, it looks somewhat like a mans legs. I believe that's the "man" you friend found, bu twe still have another to sort out. That is if the expert agrees this one is solved.

If he wants magnification, I think he will want to see the original, because it is considerable higher resolution. 2048 X 1536.

Attachments

• 827.jpg
    827.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 156

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,Welcome to the world of paranormal investigation.You just solved your first case concerning a ghostly man.Sadly that turns out to be the flower stand,shadows and of course the covered hopper in the background help provide a featureless face for our ghost man..You see that is why Don asked what was in that area.

Now,Don would like a original of the picture and would like your permission to file it on our Society computer records.. Don also wants you to know that:This computer is not on the Internet and there will be no public showing and members of the Society is strictly forbidden to make copies of any picture or written testimony.

Don is still not sure what the first image is as of now but believes it to be natural phenomenon but still wants to investigate farther.
Yeah,I was a little disappointed to..I thought we had something going on there.:(

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Judy, interesting you had a clean ghost too! My experiance is they are harmless. One they clean up , they are on their way :D I guess by the time we eliminated all the logical explanations, we were already used to our "guest". Or were we his/her guest?

Larry, Don can have the photo to do with whatever he likes. If you can PM or e-mail me his and/or your e-mail addy, I will send it out tomorrow. I'll look forward to hearing if there is amy more opinion on it once he and you see it.

Did he want any more pics taken?

jon the ghost buster

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Geeze Jon:eek: How do you find the time and imagination (or is it) for all this. You drive over bridges taking photos, wal by and take photos now where is this place you stumbled into? I think you should spend some time at home and have some warm milk and go to bed.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
LOL no imagination, Robin, this just happened. The first shot here came from a lunch hour adventure. Both of the railway yards I have been photographing are between home and work and I only work 10 minutes from home, or 4 miles one way. Also I do walking for my exercise, in an attempt to decrease my O.D., so what better place to walk than through or by one of the yards, and why not bring the cam?:D?:D?:D?