Ghost Busters!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Those following the Drive by Shooting: Lafayette NS Yards thread, may know I had the bright idea to go to the grave yard to get some shots of hte back end of hte yard. Well, I went there at high noon, actually 11:49 by the time stamp on this photo, and began shooting, after accidently stepping onto a fresh gravesite, seen in the forground. This is not an April fools joke, it is not bad weather, it is not back lighting as the sun is straight up, and you will see the next shot is crystall clear, and the only difference is it is one minute later, and it is composed out of the grave area, instead of across. I have done nothing at all to these photo's except brightness and contrast, and thee abberations are visible on the original, unaltered copy. Do-do-do-do do-do-do-do.

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 350

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
I decided I should add a cropped version, just showing the abberation, not the clear areas, so you could see it better. OK, OK, I added one little ghost too. But hte rest is unaltered, except cropping, and brightness/contrast adjustments.

Attachments

• ghost2.jpg
    ghost2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 348

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
More From "The Other Side"

Jon, www.coasttocoastam.com take a look for more of the same:D :D

Y'all laugh at Jon if you want to:D :D :D If he ain't "spookin" us then he may have captured a ghost for real. There's a large following that believes in that. All I can say is that in my time as a darkroom tech at a printing plant I saw some "scary" things show up on film that weren't there when the picture was taken.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I gotta go!!!!...Those black helicoptors are flying around my house again!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Clark - it was a bright clear day, and I didn't see anything with my naked eyes, or through the LCD on the camera, both appeared crystal clear :eek:

CID - Willy may have been too slow to get out of the way of that runaway box car in our world, but in the after life, he appears to have moved across the grave yard in 1/320 of a second, according to the xinf file for that photo! No flying saucers yet, but I kjeep my eyes peeled! LOL :D

Ty - Don't smoke 'em no mo. Especially not no funny wunz! No no no no, I don't smoke 'em no more, I'm tyred a wakin' up on the floor, no thank you please, it only makes me sneeze, and then it makes it hard to find the door. I don't think I ever smoked while shooting pictures, but that might have been a plausable explaination!

Val - I agree! Spooky! :eek: :eek: :eek: But, my logical mind keeps telling me there is a scientific explanation for the aberation. If it were film, I would have just thot it a quality problem, a light leak, or sumpthin' phsical. Or if it didn't happen RIGHT AFTER STEPPING ON A FRESH GRAVE EGADS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Sorry Willy!

Jim -s yes it was still, comfortable cool, lightly overcast and very clear:

http://www.weather.com/weather/pastweather/47904?row=all

Partly cloudy, 47 deg F, 10 mile visibility, and 17 MPH winds (which I didn't even notice).

Shamus - No way will I let any woosie poltergeist scare me into getting rid of my new cam. I'll have Father Guido exercise it first! Besides, wouldn't it be cool to be the only gauger with a camera that levitates itself?!?!? Look mom, no tripod! :D :D :D

Thanks for hte link, Vic, maybe I should send the orignal to them, eh? I wonder what could cause this? And why only one shot, and why only when shooting across the cemetary? The BIG BIG jpg is even more convincing. The arches are incredable and appear to be 3D, in front of the trees (ie inthe grave yard :eek: ) But did you see the "man" in front of the Steigers headstone? Gulp :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,I lived in a hunted house..So,I am not laughing.I could not explain it then and I still can't..Happily my "friend" did not follow me to my new double wide trailer.The saddest part my old home was torn down for a industrial road connecting the new RT.30..:cry:

Jon,If it was possible I would go with you while you re shoot that picture..After all "I ain't afraid of no ghost..

Ghost busters!

If there's something strange in your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
Ghost busters!
If there's something weird and it don't look good
Who you gonna call?
Ghost busters!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
My Ghost Story: a clean ghost

OK, Brakie, I'll come out of hte closet and tell you my ghost story:D

When my wife and I got our first appartment, it was in a building divided into 6 units. It was off base (off the US Naval base at that time - early 80's) in a town called Barrio Barreto. In WW2, it was said that was part of hte base, and that building was built by the US Army Corp or Engineers, and it was build like a brick poophouse. It was said to be an officers club or barracks. Now the building itself was very simple, as utilities go. Basic 220V wiring with it broken down to 110 for the benifit of American renters. The water system was the public water piped into out own water tower, 30 or 40 ft up the mountain. So the water pressure was purely gravity and only used by the 6 tennants, all of whom I knew, half were in my squadron. There was no water heater or any kind of water appliences (dishwashers etc), or any reason for hte pressure to vary at all, unless someone ran the water tower dry (never happened). I was the only night shifter, so the only one up late on week nights.

The oddity: Shower kept turning itself on full blast in the middle of the night! Didn't matter how tight we tightened the valve. I guess it happened 4 or 5 times a week on average, sometimes twice a night. Never, ever happened in the day time, and we never came home and found it on. Random times, but only when we were asleep, never when we were awake, and always before daylight. Plumber looked at it and even replaced the valve. It continued to spook us until we move out 6 or 7 months later.

OK Larry, what happened at your haunted house?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Upon Further Review From The Other Side

Jon, I have looked even more closely at the last pic you put up...not the one with the man's outline but the one just before it. Look at the head stone (the grey one) behind the one you mentioned. Now look to the to left of that stone. Slightly above the stone IS THE FACE OF A MAN WITH A FULL BEARD SORTA LIKE STANTA CLAUS!!!!!! THAT'S GOT BE A 'SHO NUF' HAUNTED PLACE!!!

WARNING!!!.....Be careful if you visit there again.....you have PO'd those spirits by stepping on that grave. According to what I have read spirits often don't know that they are dead and tend to hang around. Should you visit there again, before you leave, tell them something like this so they won't go home with you..."If there is anyone here you are not welcome to go with me, you will leave now." From what I have read for the most part such spirits are not harmful but they can cause more aggrevation then you need.

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
* GULP *

I'll try to be more careful the next time I go to some places to take my photos...

Now, apart from kidding with the question, I'm following a spiritualist line, and we surely believe in multiple forms, energies are manifestated, and sometimes, spirits try to pass some information to us. All we can do is think about what we saw and heard, and try to interpret it...

Maybe it's some kind of message...

P.S.: I've never seen something like this before... not in this type of manifestation...

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Jon, was this your first shot of the day? If so, it's quite possible that the "abberation" was caused by condensation inside the camera.

I was told by the guy who fixed my cam a few weeks ago that bringing my camera from the warm car, across 30 ft of cold parking lot into the store was enough to cause condensation. He recommended putting the camera in a sealed plastic bag until it reached room temperature again.

Anyway, while ghost stories are a lot of fun at campfires, and while I am perfectly open to the idea of paranormal stuff like esp and UFO's, I can't quite bring myself to believe in ghosts. Sorry.

Val