Getting underway.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
A start was made today on the baseboards for the new Badger Creek. It took all day to get the carpet clean and all the rubbish out and down the tip.
Wood arrived at 4.30pm and it's now 17.50pm and I have made one 10' by 2'-6" frame and sat it on it's legs. Tomorrow I shall build the other one and start on the side pieces over the weekend. By Monday it should be ready to lay chipboard & Insulation board, I hope.
Will post some pics as things progress.
Shamus

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Rory, you (and I as well) would only get in his way, I'm afraid. Even if we just watched. I remember seeing a sign in a mechanic's shop once about his hourly rates - something like $20, $30 if you watch, $50 if you help.
:D :D :D :D :D
Bill K

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Yeah, I agree, Bill. I'm not too swift at that stuff yet. Maybe we should figure out a way to put a web cam in his train room... We could set up a website: Live Model Railroad Construction by Paul Templar!

-Rory

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
sound effects

bbbzzzzzzzzz....... bang bang bang...... bbbbbzzzzzzzzz chop chop....... clunck..... eee aw eeee aw eeeee aw..... bbbbbzzzzzzzzzz........ WACK!!! OOOOWWWWW..... **hammer hitting thumb**

Just adding sound effects!! :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Yoy ain't far wrong with those sound effects either, half a dozen small cuts plus a trapped foot under some B%$£y wood made my day, however, Look how far I have gotten today. All baseboards now up and just waiting for me to inlay the stilts which will raise the track 6" above the main boards.

Shamus

Attachments

• nb1.jpg
    nb1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 88

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Robin,

No need for angle bracing if you make the legs sit under the main board and are clamped and screwed with a brace behind.

(Won't move sideways)

In the photo, the black piece is the brace behind.

Shamus

Attachments

• nb3a.jpg
    nb3a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 78