Getting the hang of it

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by spitfire

It goes something like this:

Mama: Eh! When you gonna move you car? Is a no good here.
Gino: Ma! I told you! I'm fixin' it up.
M: You fixa. You no fixa. Is a no good. You move.
G: Ayyyy. Whatsa big deal? I got no place else to put it. Howcome you never said anything to Vinnie when he had his cars back here?
M: Vinnie's a good boy. Not make a mess. Not like-a you. You move car.
G: I ain't movin' it. &*@#! The guys are comin' over to work on it this afternoon, you old.....
Neighbour: Hey keep it down over there!
Dog: bark bark bark!
Baby: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Dog: bark bark bark!

:D Val

Blimblammin plastic people, I dunno how you can live by 'em!

Awesome photos Val!!! I have to direct my funds to the layout or it will never be, but once it's rollin' along well, guess hwat I'm savin up for??? Ya, I bet that interface is funny. I can see me reachin around for a big honkin' zoom to focus and compose, then wonderin' where's the "cathzeeeeek" as the auto winder spins the film at 3.5 frames/sec. I was thinking about getting something less expensive but almost as high end, but I think I'll wait and go all out.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Originally posted by jon-monon

Blimblammin plastic people, I dunno how you can live by 'em!

And the little tiny dogs! All that infernal extremely high-pitched yapping!

Seriously though Jon, when you do go shopping for a camera, you won't regret going high-end. A lot of cameras boast macro settings, but unless it's in the neighbourhood of 1" - 2", you probably won't be satisfied with it. I tried to save a little cash by buying a lower mid-range Pentax but it had neither the control over depth of field, or the macro capabilities that are needed for good model photos. I returned it and got the Olympus Ultra Zoom. It ended up costing me over a $1200 Cdn. what with accessories and sales tax but worth every penny!

BTW, thanks everyone, for all the compliments. You folks are making my day!

cheers
:D Val