getting started

kybolton79

Aug 17, 2012
How is everyone? My name is Kyle and this stuff is really cool. I was house-sitting for my aunt and uncle a week ago and i saw some paper tanks and robots on my uncle's dresser. I didn't want to go mess with them too much since it looked like he was in the middle of building one and they looked fragile. When they returned i asked him about it and the let me mess around with them (little did i know he reinforces them with wood/cardboard/other items and they are quite sturdy) and told me to check this site out if i was interested. I did and these things look so fun to create. i just got out of the military and am going to be starting college so i know i'll have some days with free time on my hands. So here i am, attempting to start this hobby. I hope to receive and share amazing ideas with the community here and look forward to seeing even more creations that blow my mind. Sorry to make this ramble on so much, once i start typing then my hands get carried away.

Anyways, so that is my introduction. :mrgreen::thumb:

Z

Zathros

Thank You so much for doing an introduction. I really appreciate it. Let us know if your looking for anything specific, I am sure we can find it for you, and more than likely free! Welcome aboard! :)

kybolton79

Aug 17, 2012
only thing specific i could think of would be architecture. which i browsed the model types and i know there are plenty out there and i can't wait to start building them.

Z

Zathros

Check out Mauther's site. He has enough there to build a nice small city and some neat cars to fit in it.

http://papermau.blogspot.com.br/2011/12/suburbia-diorama-by-papermau-download.html

xsub03.jpg

xxxh01.jpg

S3010008.jpg

kybolton79

Aug 17, 2012
Cool link, i'm sure it will come in handy, although i'm looking for bigger buildings. Like the Eiffel Tower, Barj al Arab (if i spelt that correctly), Tower of Pisa and such.