This weekend I built a large three-bladed Hamilton standard prop (as encountered on many WW-II fighters, and, in the four-bladed version, on bombers and civilian transport planes). I started from materials supplied in a regular (but up-scaled) kit, and didn't really add anything important (only a solid, instead of hollow, center-piece for the spinner). I'm reasonably happy with the result, although several mistakes remain quite prominent. Still, I explored a few techniques which might be worth sharing. They have to do with: 1. Getting the spinner sufficiently well aligned on its axis, so that you could mount it on an electric motor without encountering wobbling. 2. Hiding the joints between segments in the spinner 3. Getting the twist and curvature of the blades reasonably right. I'll recount them in a couple of postings below, but first an image of the finished result, and the main tool, so we know what we are talking about.