Getting back into Model Trains

lspd31

Dec 3, 2005
After very many years I have decided to get back into Model Trains. I have unpacked my boxes and started going through them. I have found much of my stuff still in new and unused condition. I was wondering where I might be able to find a price guide to see what some of these items are worth. I am also looking for any tips on what I should do before I get started.

GeorgeHO

May 3, 2005
Baltimore, MD
I am just getting back in also. The first thing you should do is get recent copies of Model Railroader Magazine and Railroad Model Craftsman to see where the hobby is now. The main things I noticed were the switch to foam for layout construction, the DCC systems for running trains, and the modular influence for designing layouts. Some prices will be the same as when you were active, and other prices will seem outrageous. And if you have specific questions, this forum is very good a giving you a lot of good answers.

TooManyHobbies

Dec 7, 2005
Dayton Ohio
I am too getting back into trains,when I had my set up I was spending a bunch and it looks like I will again but I have some old car parts I can sell to finance it this time. Jeff