getting a Associated TC3 for drift

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by R_man_5k, Jun 27, 2004.

1. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

Hey all,
    I am going to buy a TC3 Monday and use it as my Drift R/C. Unless someone can convince me otherwise.. If there is something else I should look at please let me know...

I was just wondering what else I would/should get with it? (I am already set up for some PVC wheels...) Is there any hop ups that I should get souch as a rear sway bar? Also how is the stock motor? I am getting the RTR which has a 19turn motor ...I think... Should I get a 27turn... I see people talking about 27 turns in here... I also plan to get a RX-8 body for a nice paint job... but I am sure I will put the stock body to good use durring drift pratice...

Thanks all
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

The stock body and motor are fine. The only hops id get are Threaded Shocks, and alum shaft.
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Member

yeah what sparky said but i would get the 27T . you should just wait till the stock motor needs brushes/comm cut, and then get a 27T instead
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Ya... i find the Mosters of HP ( i think thats the motor... got it used with no sticker ) motors are AWSOME! The only problem iv had with mine is i dont have a very smooth drive train now. I dont know if its cause im not useing right parts, or if its the motor. I had a big bin of motor parts and decided to build them back, so some may not be coreectly built.
  5. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Member

yeah Banzai motors are really good. they just modify different types of motors. i have a banzai trinity monster motor in my TL-01 and it is INSANE. that is the only way to put it
  6. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

thanks for the replies...
    I got it picked up this evening! By the weekend I should have it all set up for drift! Tomorrow night I am going to get to just mess around with it and get to know the car.....
    Will post pics soon!
  7. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

Last night I was able to get the TC3 out and mess around with it for a bit. It is my first electric car (in a long time) and I was very impressed with it. I will get some pics up soon... first I need to paint the body (weekend project) and I did order a few goodies for it too :)
  8. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

Well I was able to get out and pratice drifting some today... I need a lot of work :D But I had a great time... not I just need to find some drifters around Dallas TX...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/list]
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

how do you like the Yok tires?
  10. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

They work very well. Lots of grip, but still very easy to break loose and get sideways. But they are hard to mount!!!

I did not put the GPS to it yet, but I think that I did not loose any "top speed" with them... just takes a bit longer to get there vs the stock tires...

With the stock tires I have hit 22.2mph... kind of slow for what I am use to, but with the yokes on there and driftin I don't even think or care about speed then!!!
  11. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

have you used ABS or PVC before? If so, can you compaire it pls?
  12. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

I should be able to compare by Sunday :D I bought some PVC yesterday ... now just have to cut and mount some. Once I can compare the two I will post my thoughts.
  13. R_man_5k

R_man_5k New Member

PVC all the way!!!! I felt it was much better than the Yoke tries... The only thing better with the yokes is top speed. I felt that I had much more control through the slide with the PVC and it was easier to get sideways with the PVC...
    The Yokes wear very fast also.

Now I just have to work on the overstear when comming out of the slide...

I had a blast today..
    I will post some photos of the RX-8 bodies I did in the photo thread soon.