Get-together

ezdays

Out AZ way
A few Gaugers decided to spend a bit of time now and then talking about trains and seeing if we can do a brain-drain on the other guys. There was three of us, Jerry (Woodone), Tom (TrainNut) and myself (ezdays). We spent a few hours this afternoon at my house, mostly talking and showing off a bit of our rolling stock, engines and other projects. We almost got TrainNut's Athearn Challenger to run on my tracks, unfortunately, tight curves and a still being worked on track problem :rolleyes: aborted that attempt. All in all, we had a good time exchanging thoughts, and we'll be getting together on a regular basis. The next one is at TrainNut's house.:thumb: :thumb:

Here's a shot of the three of us. That's Woodone on the left, TrainNut in the middle, and me on the right.

Attachments

• Don-jerr-tom.jpg
    Don-jerr-tom.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 80

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Wow! We 'bout broke the camera with that one didn't we? I must say thank you for your hospitality. It's always enlightening to see someone elses layout and their method of getting things accomplished. The itch I brought home from your layout is the desire to create rocks from scratch using Sculptamold or wall joint compound. I usually just pour Hydrocal into those premade molds and go from there but it can somewhat limit what you create and the rocks start looking repetitive after a while. Staring at the same layout in my home for months on end has given me tunnel vision. It's refreshing to see some different ideas. Cool stuff. I can't wait to see your layout again in a more "operational" phase! By the way, was that your BNSF that was doing laps when I first got there or Jerry's?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Fortunately, they make cameras fairly sturdy now days and it got through the ordeal of taking our pictures :rolleyes:... so did my wife..sign1 sign1

That was my Atlas Dash 8-40BW. It made it though some of the bad track that my LL GP-38 or your Challenger couldn't get through. :D I guess I need to get another MOW crew out there and actually tear out that turnout and fix it right. I've opened the job for competitive bidding, so it may take a few weeks before it actually gets done.:D :D

Glad you got some inspiration, I think I always find some ideas to take home with me when I see another person's layout. :thumb: :thumb: That was the idea of us getting together, to share and help one another. I hope we can see some of those hi-speed passenger trains of yours running the next time we get together.

jesso

Glad to see some of the cybertrain club unhooked from the matrix and doing some real world work. Visits to other people's house are great fun and you learn so much from seeing other people's layouts. My master plan for my giant layout changes everytime I go to someone's house, maybe I will actually start building it someday, although I am waiting to learn to think in 3-D like Trainnut.

Gary S.

That is great! Hey, how many folks on here are from around Houston, Texas? Anyone want to have a meet like that down here?

ezdays

Out AZ way
nachoman said:
wow, don, I didn't realize how small your layout is!

kevin
Not real big, but there's another "L" shaped section behind us making a total of about 40 square feet in all. Enought to keep me out of trouble since only half of it has scenery and structures.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: