German Railwaystation "Klingenmuenster"

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Waldbahner, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

Hello all,

actually, I'm working on a part of a modular layout from our local modeltrain-club.

As we started to build this layout many years ago, we've tried to rebuild a abondend line from our region. The branchline from Rohrbach to Klingenmuenster is only 9.5km long. The layout is designed to present it on shows or conventions. Normaly, we've shown our layout in the weeks around X-mas.

In the spring 2005, we've got two aerial view of the end of the line and compared this with our layout. There were so many differences to the original, so I've startes to rebuild the station. I'm trying to get the old orignial back with so many details that I can realize.

The first step was to build all needed buildings along the station including stationbuilding (not finised yet), enginehouse, goodssheed and some other buidlings. Some time ago, I've started a own thread how I creat buildings.
    http://www.the-gauge.com/thread14672-how-to-make-buildings-the-modern-way.html

Here are some pictures of my work done so far:

[​IMG]
    At first an Overall-view.

[​IMG]
    The finised part of the first modul.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks good... dosen't? :)

[​IMG]
    Sone details between the tracks. The silver shining stripes are covering the drawing wires to the turnouts (not functional ;) ).

[​IMG]
    In the left corner... The old aerial view... And in the right corner... My version in H0-scale.

Gerd
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb: Gerd you are doing a great job , Splendid work I love the steam engine sitting there.

And that Lorry on the side there,, I want one :rolleyes: it sets the scene.
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

It don't look good...It looks EXCELLENT!
  4. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

Here is the next part...

last week, I've nearly finished the first and second modul. Here are some new pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the second modul. It was easy to model, because most of the layout is balast or fields.

[​IMG]
    This is the new cornfield from Busch. It looks very nice.

[​IMG]
    This are both finished moduls together. I like it.
    [​IMG]
    I've also got good process with the station building. The first 124 parts are assembled and colored. Next will be the roof.

Gruß vom Gerd
  5. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

6. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb:

Great work there Gerd, I love European R/W.

It`s allways nice to get the big job done , then you can spend a life time on the little things :D
  7. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

How did you make the large grass field?
  8. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

So it is :thumb: And many parts are still missing :rolleyes:
    But a modelrailroad will never be finished.

How to make grasfields... My father has built a tool, to load the gras electrically, so it will stand upright on the layout.
    You will find a guidance below this link http://www.finescale.org/howtos/elektrostat/elektrostat.html

So long, Gerd
  9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Thanks Gerd,

I really like the photographs, and I got a little bit out of the text because Engligh Is a Germanic-Based language, but is there any way you could translate it?
  10. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

The linked website is not my own, but I'll try to translated the major part, how the tool works and how it's build. But it could take some hours ;-)