Gearz' Galactica Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Steve ~ LOL... Yep! humble pie is a staple in my diet! Glad to be of service! To many projects !!! tell me of one modeller that doesn't suffer from that, ~ I'm out of time ~ the Galactica isn't even finished ~ and I'm already working on about five other projects. = its a drug!!

Doc ~ NOOOoooooo... DON'T STOP !!! No cliff hangers please!!! Come on spectators, the model hasn't been released yet !!! get typing or.. or ..or.... I'll take my model and go home. ......
So there !!! 8)

E

ekuth

*brings out the cat-o-nine tails*

Alright, ye scurrrvy dogs... ye best be makin' some comments 'afore I gets tha' itch to start swingin'...

Arrrrrrrr...

/pirate off

Looking good Doc! :wink:

doc_harvey

Mar 14, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
virb.com
I'm a little leary about where exactly to place the stuts, Gearz. Do they go flush with the top and then flush with each end? That's where they were on the beta...so I guess that's where I'll stick 'em....

ulious

Feb 6, 2004
doc_harvey said:
beta build vs. textured...

Is it just me or does the overall design look like an ant on skis?

I don't mean your design, I mean the one from the show.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Yep .. flush with the ends and top..There's placement gfx on pages 6 and 7 of the AG..

S

sdk2knbk

ulious said:
Is it just me or does the overall design look like an ant on skis?

I don't mean your design, I mean the one from the show.
I've alway said "An alligator on water skis" myself.

Scott K.

doc_harvey

Mar 14, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
virb.com
design note...

one of the "MID LB ARMS" is missing a tab...

LB's are attached, had some trouble getting all three points to attach on the starboard side, but due to build technique, not design....

Attachments

• midship 3.JPG
    midship 3.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 278

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Oooops Panic attack ! If its not to late... I should have pointed out a potential nuisance with the engine ducting parts. Regardless of any modifications they will need, In my rush to forward it, I've left a bunch of tiny flaps on a majority of the ducting parts, = I should have removed them on the bitmaps..

Sorry about that guys.!

:cry:

doc_harvey

Mar 14, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
virb.com
Hit a major snag with the build....the lower right shoulder on the engine module was a complete pain in the backside to line up properly....I had to tear it off...luckily the engine module itself is still relatively intact, so it should be an easy fix....I'm looking through my lil black bag 'o tricks to see if I have some small gauge balsa wood to slide through the length of the section that gets glued up against the side of the engine....gotta print out a new lower shoulder now....pics soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.