Gauging Kato Passenger wheel sets

seanm

I just got a nice new set of Kato passenger cars. They are beautiful! I placed them on my track which is tested Atlas code 55 that has run freight cars with no problem….. My passenger cars are picking the points on the turnouts! Out with the gauge and wouldn't ya know it, they are all narrow!! Each and every wheel set. On engines it is an easy fix. Pull out the screw driver and some gentile prying and all better.

How do I remedy this on my passenger cars? The wheels have no place to pry… I am even having a hard time figuring out how to remove the wheels as they are very nicely held by the trucks and power pickups for the lights.
banghead_125.gif

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

seanm

No help so far... (smile)

Well, I have made progress, sort of. I got the wheels out and regauged them. It required I remove the truck from the car. Once I get the newly gauged wheel set back into to the car it does not spin as freely. car roll is much stiffer. If I ut them back to their original TO TIGHT guage, then spin fine.....Geez. Should I talk to Kato? This is a $240 set of cars and EVERY ONE of them is too narrowly gauged!!!