Gauge Railway Snow Plow

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hi Guys - I FINALLY got a chance to finish the First - the One & Only (So Far) :)

Gauge (Ford) Blue Snow Plow - in G of course!! LOL
:D :D :D

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

~~Mikey

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon
Pretty cool, Mikey! What's inside the gondo? Hey what's that little train up on level 2 in the background?

Thanks!!! Inside the gondo is a piece of Balsa Wood painted with ceramic paint (lava) to look like a concrete block. I also "dirtied up" the inside & top of the walls to mimic overflow. I had to put about 10 oz. of lead weight in it to counter balance the plow. :) :)

On the Second level is an Ore Ttrain. The engine was scratch built from the "Little Yellow LGB" Ore train set from about 10 Yrs ago. I built it out of wood trim and took all the tools from the Gandy-Dancer cars and glued them on. :)

~~ Mikey

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Now that is a thing of beauty. I would never have thought of that for The Gauge Railroad.

Of course, since I came up with the idea of The Gauge Railroad ( HONEST, I did! ;) ) I can be proud of all my second railroad's cars.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Hey, with the NSR and GAUG/TGR being my ideas, that makes me a railroad tycoon!

Ah, it's good to be a robber baron (nothing against The Robber Baron). :D

Michael

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by McFortner
Now that is a thing of beauty. I would never have thought of that for The Gauge Railroad.

Michael

That's why I was kinda rushing it - I wanted to build & post it before anybody else got the idea. I needed One for the MF&W anyway - So I figured I'd lease it from The-Gauge - LOL

NO you can't collect rental - You "Robber Baron" you... :) :D :)

Matthyro: see my post above, I had to put a bunch of lead in it, but in Scale, I have a simulated Concrete block in it - Pics will come soon....... :)

Wait a minute - You just gave me an Idea............. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Mikey, thats a hell of a nice snow shifter there my friend. Love the colour blue also, did you mix that yourself.
Shamus

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Thanks guys - I have One more pic to post - check back tonight or tomorrow!! :) :)

Rich - You were the Only one to know I was planning this :) :) Thanks!!

Shamus - No I can't mix paint that color :) It's Ford Blue - right out of the spray can. :) I did however, prime the gray (Aristo) plow with dark gray primer then a light spray of black primer then the "blue" - it makes the color a deeper tint.
Something I learned by working with real cars. :D

Michael, thanks for adding it to the Official Site!!!!!!!!!! :D

~~ Mikey

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Matthyro
Very nice Mikey. Any decals forthcoming? I presume weight is needed in that gondo.

Well, the designers of The M F & W RR talked to each other about the above statement. I really should oversee these meetings, :(

When the morning crew showed up, they found this!!! :D :eek: :eek: :D

Pictures0001.jpg

Needless to say, The New Crane can be used now and the gentlemen with axes & badges have departed. But I'm still not too sure about the new counterweight....

Thanks Robin..... I think ........ :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

~~ Mikey :) :)